Who Deserves the All Star Game?

Noonskadoodle

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 02:44 PM)
Sale will be our only representative because there are closers who are equally/more deserving than Crain.

Really?

A 0.75 ERA in 38 appearances doesn't warrant a possible ASG?

Man tough sledding for set up guys.

I know if you look into "SABERMETRICS" Crain isn't at the top of those lists, but man gotta feel for him if he doesn't get consideration.

Most likely this will be his career best season.

Depends on who Leyland prefers, the bullpen guy in Crain or Sale. It's going to be one of those numbers games and looking at starters vs. relievers for the teams that are only going to have one representative.

A couple of weeks ago, Alex Rios MIGHT have gotten some consideration, but it's down to those two now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
Depends on who Leyland prefers, the bullpen guy in Crain or Sale. It's going to be one of those numbers games and looking at starters vs. relievers for the teams that are only going to have one representative.

A couple of weeks ago, Alex Rios MIGHT have gotten some consideration, but it's down to those two now.

Agreed about Rios.

Man if I was a manager such as Leyland who has a LEGIT shot at the WS, I would want as many elite relievers at the back end as I can get.

Crain certainly has been ELITE this season, but with this ridiculous schedule Leyland hasn't seen him first hand this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
Sale unless the rest of the roster dictates Crain.

Or he has the start that falls on Sunday or Hahn/Reinsdorf think maybe it's not such a good idea to send him to out to pitch yet again (he can still be on the roster, then be pulled or they can ask that he not be used) when he keeps throwing 120+ pitches in meaningless games as it is.

If Sale isn't available for work in the game due to pitching the Sunday before or something, would they take Adam Dunn just for the possibility he might blast a home run off an NL righthander? It's pretty important to win this game. I'm sure glad the Sox had homefield against the Astros. It's been pretty lousy to see the NL keep getting homefield in the Series.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 02:42 AM)
Axelrod

Sort of on a relative basis - performance to talent - he's pitched his rear off this year.

He gets TWTW award at the halfway point of the season, but no all star berth. If not Sale, whom? If you had to rank the Sox in all star game worthiness. It'd be ...

1.) Sale

2.) Reed

3.) Crain.

4.) Dunn.

There's nobody else who could possibly be considered and Dunn is a stretch since he could dip back under .200 by all star gametime.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2013 -> 11:46 PM)
He gets TWTW award at the halfway point of the season, but no all star berth. If not Sale, whom? If you had to rank the Sox in all star game worthiness. It'd be ...

1.) Sale

2.) Reed

3.) Crain.

4.) Dunn.

There's nobody else who could possibly be considered and Dunn is a stretch since he could dip back under .200 by all star gametime.

Exact same order I would of put them in. I think Reed has a good chance as bullpen guys are always needed for the ASG. Crane now injured wont make it.