Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
Danny Knobler ‏@DannyKnoblerCBS 23s

Rios went on waivers on Monday. Means White Sox have until tomorrow to trade him or pull back off waivers and keep for rest of season.

Hey Fathom...told you Stone knew...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)
We have all the leverage in the world. Shoot for the stars Hahn.

Question though...why are Rangers dying to give up anything for this. They're looking at a .750 OPS corner outfielder. I can see him being worth (to some team) either what he's owed, or prospects of OK worth.......but not both.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 04:56 PM)
My thoughts too. Hopefully the tables have turned enough to give something else up. At the end of the day, if the Rangers don't win the WS and it's because their offense stays cold, it'll be a shame they didn't give up some decent prospect for Rios. Solves their problem there next year, too. The fit just makes a ton of sense.

Worth noting...right now the Rangers and A's are tied and 1.5 games in front of the Orioles.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 05:00 PM)
Question though...why are Rangers dying to give up anything for this. They're looking at a .750 OPS corner outfielder. I can see him being worth (to some team) either what he's owed, or prospects of OK worth.......but not both.

Because they're tied for the division lead and 1.5 games away from being out of the playoffs and their biggest bat was just suspended for steroids, seemingly with them thinking he would not be suspended this year.

They ought to be quite desperate to fill that hole, otherwise they're likely to wind up on the outside looking in come October.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
It's Jerry Callo, with a C

Im not sure if Im missing a joke here or something, but he is referring to Joey Gallo. I dont know if I could have him and Courtney Hawkins in the same lineup down the road, that might just be too ugly.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 02:03 PM)
Im not sure if Im missing a joke here or something, but he is referring to Joey Gallo. I dont know if I could have him and Courtney Hawkins in the same lineup down the road, that might just be too ugly.

My Cousin Vinny.

Sorry.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 02:04 PM)
The two yutes approached the Sack a' Suds and ...

Did...did you just say "Utes"?

Oh...sorry your honor...Yoouuutttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsssssssssssssssssssss"

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)
I respectfully disagree. We're talking about Alex Rios here. I think their fan base, if knowledgeable, knows he is far from a savior or even a great ballplayer. I'd think some of their fan base won't want him at all.

What did Alex Rios do to you? Like seriously. I'd like to know. Because your personal vendetta against him is hilarious and confusing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
I love how everyone thinks the White Sox should get something valuable back for Alex now.

He always was valuable. His stats are good and he has helped the Sox win. If we let him go on this waiver claim then we deserve at a minimum a good prospect in return

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 05:13 PM)
I'll admit, us signing Granderson is like my worst fear as a Sox fan.

I know it's a thread derail but may I ask why? I actually think a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd to Granderson would make a ton of sense for the Sox next year if they move Rios or De Aza somewhere. You plug Granderson in wherever you want, DH or OF slot, getting a ton of at bats thanks to Dunn occasionally playing 1b and Garcia and Viciedo both being righties. He then slides to the primary DH spot in place of Dunn the next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 02:12 PM)
Also just so it's pointed out...in the fangraphs world, Nelson Cruz (and his 27 HR) were worth 1.5 WAR to the Rangers this year. So far, Rios has been worth 2.1 WAR to the White Sox.

With a ton of his value (according to fangraphs) lying in his baserunning, which I must say, gets completely ignored this year. Probably because no one is watching the games anymore.