Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 01:31 PM)
I wonder if Granderson has started mapping his drive to the Cell next year :)

If they can get him on a 2-year deal, good. I just don't want over-30 guys with 3-4 year contracts, and you hate them after the first year and you dread them being there for 2-3 years.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 11:32 AM)
This doesn't hurt the rebuild much IMO... The sox have so much money to spend. They need to sign somebody. Hopefully that somebody is Ellsbury. I don't see him getting massively overpaid like Cano will. Who knows though.

Are you nuts?

Ellsbury is going to get a monster contract.

The players on this team have proved to be the worst team in the league. When you start trading said players why the heck would anyone expect to get someone to give you anything near their top talent? We are extremely lucky to have these other teams desperate enough to take on the contracts. Good job Hahn.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
The players on this team have proved to be the worst team in the league. When you start trading said players why the heck would anyone expect to get someone to give you anything near their top talent? We are extremely lucky to have these other teams desperate enough to take on the contracts. Good job Hahn.

So, does Chris Sale sucks? Heck, he doesn't have a winning record! Why should we get anything?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
One other thing...I think you can find a bat in a corner spot easier then we think (potentially). Biggest problem with the Sox offense is a major lack of OBP (plus average). Rios is solid with the average but his OBP will never ever be anything special and spending $14M on that is tough given how s***ty our teams ability to get on base.

Note: Sadly, Rios is one of the better ones we have but If he had a bad attitude (I think he gets hated on more then he deserves) then I can live with this. Like Balta, the one thing that gives me confidence of the future is our cost controller rotation (sans the expensive Danks).

I'm guessing you are also referencing 1B and 3B regarding the corner spots. Unless the Sox deal De Aza, I think they are just going to be looking for someone in CF.

This move genuinely excites me. I like Rios as a player, and had no problem with him coming back, but this really does cause excitement within the system.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 07:40 PM)
Sox would have gotten a lot more if they would be willing to chip in some $$$ but not happening

the one thing everyone on here will agree with is that Hahn better have a creative plan for using this money. His initial explanation after trading Peavy of saving money to spend on amateur players was a pretty silly explanation.