Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
It's like a plea bargain. "You can take the rest of the year now, or you'll be appealing a 150 game suspension"

I think that offer has probably already expired for everyone else, or at the least will do so this week\. I'd imagine the guy who took it was the only guy going to take it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
Danny Knobler reiterating that Pirates have had interest in Alex Rios. And that KW has been scouting their farm system.

Hopefully this could happen for like Dickerson and maybe Kingham?

Honestly, with Rios's effort and power slump lately, add in his contract, I would be thankful for a B prospect in return. I don't know anything about Dickerson and Kingham, decent guys?

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
Honestly, with Rios's effort and power slump lately, add in his contract, I would be thankful for a B prospect in return. I don't know anything about Dickerson and Kingham, decent guys?

Well according to mlb.com Kingham is #9 and Dickerson is #14 in the Pirates system.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)

Rios has been hitting much better since the ASB.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
Yeah Dickerson is a 1B who's hitting 296 14 HR and 57 RBIs in AA. And Kingham is 3-2 with a 2.89 ERA in AA.

I'd take that in a heartbeat for Rios. Hopefully Rangers and Pirates bid against each other and up the price. Though I think Hahn is focused on dealing Peavy right now before his start Tuesday.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
Yeah Dickerson is a 1B who's hitting 296 14 HR and 57 RBIs in AA. And Kingham is 3-2 with a 2.89 ERA in AA.

The fact that one of them is a 1b catches the eye immediately as that's IMO our biggest position of need right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:12 PM)
The fact that one of them is a 1b catches the eye immediately as that's IMO our biggest position of need right now.

My thoughts exactly. Not overly high on prospect list. I think that would be reasonable

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:14 PM)
My thoughts exactly. Not overly high on prospect list. I think that would be reasonable

I agree that 1B may be a position of need for us...but when you are 40-61 and your system is ranked near the bottom, every position is a position of need. Just go with best player available.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 03:30 PM)
Love it.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 5m

Joe Nathan is being shopped by the Rangers for an established hitter, other teams say. More than just internal talks.

That's not good for the Rios talks. Damn you Rangers

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 01:48 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 5m

Joe Nathan is being shopped by the Rangers for an established hitter, other teams say. More than just internal talks.

That's not good for the Rios talks. Damn you Rangers

I wonder if that means they think Feliz can step in there...

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
Who would even be interested in Nathan? Tigers and BoSox for sure. I doubt Texas makes that move though. I still think selling some prospects for a Rios/Pence type is a much more practical move than trading your all star closer.

A possible Nathan for Ethier deal works. But Rangers looking for right handed bat. Plus Ethier is a joke.