Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:07 AM)
Why would we trade Beckham? He's finally showing something offensively.

Selling high, and the Sox are starting to produce some middle infielders--Micah Johnson and Marcus Semien are getting closer to legit prospects.

And Carlos Sanchez is still in the picture, but needs another year.

Edited by flavum

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:09 AM)
Danny Knobler ‏@DannyKnoblerCBS 55m

While Rangers haven't yet gotten anything done, clubs talking to them continue to say they've been trying as hard as anyone.

Rangers have to cave and settlel for Rios at 2:50 this afternoon dont they??

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 34s The Rangers are aggressively pursuing offensive upgrades, according to one rival executive.

Please oh please be aggressively talking with Rick Hahn about Alex Rios, Adam Dunn or Alejandro De Aza

Edited by GoGoSox2k2

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 34s The Rangers are aggressively pursuing offensive upgrades, according to one rival executive.

In other words, someone better then Rios.

The Nellie Cruz thing is tricky. He's a FA after this year, so he goes into free agency off of a 50 game suspension.

Alternatively, he could appeal the suspension for this season, serve it next year, but he'll have no contract.

If the Rangers like him, I would think they could extend him at a bargain and then tell him to appeal the suspension this year, essentially pushing their short term problem to next year.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
In other words, someone better then Rios.

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 1m Rios x-rays on left foot negative, listed as day to day.

everyone must have been wating for the X-rays to come back negative before dealing for Alex

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:21 AM)
Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 1m Rios x-rays on left foot negative, listed as day to day.

everyone must have been wating for the X-rays to come back negative before dealing for Alex

Ugh, honestly I would applaud Hahn if he got rid of Rios for anything of value. Would anyone complain if we just salary dumped him on someone?

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
Ugh, honestly I would applaud Hahn if he got rid of Rios for anything of value. Would anyone complain if we just salary dumped him on someone?

24 hours ago I may have complained.. but at this point I want to get Garcia on the field and make room for him. Hoping we eat some salary and get something of value back tho

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
24 hours ago I may have complained.. but at this point I want to get Garcia on the field and make room for him. Hoping we eat some salary and get something of value back tho

In this market, he does have some value, despite his best attempts to kill it. Best case scenario, we get a projectable prospect package back (similar to what Boston gave us), and we eat cash.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
The Nellie Cruz thing is tricky. He's a FA after this year, so he goes into free agency off of a 50 game suspension.

Alternatively, he could appeal the suspension for this season, serve it next year, but he'll have no contract.

If the Rangers like him, I would think they could extend him at a bargain and then tell him to appeal the suspension this year, essentially pushing their short term problem to next year.

From what I read, anybody who appeals their suspension faces a punishment of double the original suspension length, so it might not make sense to appeal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
From what I read, anybody who appeals their suspension faces a punishment of double the original suspension length, so it might not make sense to appeal.

NO it wouldn't.

Dunn would be an upgrade for Texas. Dreaming, I know.

Also, an appeal is going to be difficult to win in the midst of others on the same list admitting guilt and accepting the 50 game ban.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Remember yesterday when @jonmorosi and I said that virtually all of the #Rangers were in play? List includes Garza.

Rangers are apparently selling when only 5 back in division and 1 back in wild card?? What the f*** are they doing??