Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
@Ken_Rosenthal: Remember yesterday when @jonmorosi and I said that virtually all of the #Rangers were in play? List includes Garza.

Rangers are apparently selling when only 5 back in division and 1 back in wild card?? What the f*** are they doing??

No, it means they are willing to move anyone to make a trade to get better.

They probably don't want to move many more prospects and so they are willing to move pieces from their mlb club.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
No, it means they are willing to move anyone to make a trade to get better.

They probably don't want to move many more prospects and so they are willing to move pieces from their mlb club.

So gave up a substantial package to acquire pitching a week ago, now whoops wait let's get rid of pitching to acquire hitting?

If Dunn went to Texas, he'd be beloved and their GM would be hailed as brilliant. He'd continue to knock in runs for a team that really needs it and they wouldn't have to give up anybody that the fans are familiar with to get him

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:52 PM)
@Ken_Rosenthal: Remember yesterday when @jonmorosi and I said that virtually all of the #Rangers were in play? List includes Garza.

Rangers are apparently selling when only 5 back in division and 1 back in wild card?? What the f*** are they doing??

Wow.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 11:58 AM)
If Dunn went to Texas, he'd be beloved and their GM would be hailed as brilliant. He'd continue to knock in runs for a team that really needs it and they wouldn't have to give up anybody that the fans are familiar with to get him

I really am surprised Dunn isn't attracting at least some buzz. The dude is raking over the past two months. Money would be an issue I guess, but Sox should eat some.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 12:03 PM)
I really am surprised Dunn isn't attracting at least some buzz. The dude is raking over the past two months. Money would be an issue I guess, but Sox should eat some.

He would fit well in Baltimore.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
As of now, Ian Kennedy will be the biggest name traded today.

I just wonder if the Pirates and Cardinals are waiting on each other to make a move...then if one does, the other would react.

Also shocked that Texas hasn't done anything.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 12:56 PM)
I just wonder if the Pirates and Cardinals are waiting on each other to make a move...then if one does, the other would react.

Also shocked that Texas hasn't done anything.

It seems like Texas is trying to hit a home run, if they strike out with those big deals, maybe they will come back to a guy like Rios.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 10:58 AM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 1m

Sounds like #Rangers aren't interested in Alex Rios. Not sure on #Pirates or #Yankees but wouldn't be surprised if he stays w/ #WhiteSox.

Welp

I will cry.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 06:59 PM)
How sorry.

Why? Rios' value is extremely low right now, and it's not like he's a terrible player that the Sox need to do everything in their power to get rid of. Some of these deals suggesting paying a majority of his remaining contract only to get an average prospect seems like a bad deal for the organization.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 01:00 PM)
I will cry.

Just not much interest in a guy who is due to make 30 million over the next 2 and half years who has effort issues and is aging quickly. Especially when Hahn was asking for the moon.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 12:58 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 1m

Sounds like #Rangers aren't interested in Alex Rios. Not sure on #Pirates or #Yankees but wouldn't be surprised if he stays w/ #WhiteSox.

Welp

I guess Steve Stone goes on some radio show every now and then Roe and Roeper or something, according to a co-worker last week took a nice shot at Rios' effort. I think we are at the point where trading him will cost almost as much as keeping him with little to no return. His reputation is scaring teams away.