7/3 Games

caulfield12

Marcus Semien stayed back just enough on a curveball and got it out...

Nice looking prospect, does everything well but not a "plus" tool that stands out, just a baseball player. Good but not great speed, good but not great power, arm/range, etc. Probably will end up as a utility player but he has as decent a shot as Carlos Sanchez IMO.

Trayce Thompson 1 for 20 in the five game series, seems to be getting under everything with his swing plane just off.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 07:23 PM)
The big 3 of Hawkins, Thompson and Anderson have done very little so far this week

Does committing errors count?

At least Hawkins has cut his K percentage down to 33% his last 10 games, but 540 OPS, 740 OPS for the year.

Dan Black with a very loud out, blast to CF in a big stadium but caught just in front of the warning track in Jackson.

Thompson pulled out of the game, not sure why. Earley in.

Need to buy a Popemobile for Courtney Hawkins to protect him from getting injured in Winston-Salem, lol, after Johnson strained his groin, what else can happen this season?

Edited by caulfield12

Dan Wagner with 3 hits tonight, drove in Short, who'd slapped one to the opposite field into RF for a single. Gonzalez scored on the error.

3rd error for the Generals, 2nd on the RF for JAX (Borbon).

7-2 Barons.

Landry robbed Semien in the outfield, would have been a 2 run double and probably a triple if he didn't make the desperation catch.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 08:10 PM)
caulfield, any idea why Trayce left tonight's game?

I didn't see it well because they have this weird camera angle from the netting off to the right side of home plate....so you can only see about 60% of the field and it's hard to even differentiate the pitches besides FB and offspeed.

Would guess it was related to his swing the previous inning, where he popped another ball up to 2B.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 08:24 PM)
Jacob May making his debut in Kanny. Micah Johnson finally promoted to Winstom-Salem.

Great to see Micah Johnson get that well-deserved promotion, but I wonder what this means for DeMichele (who is not having a very good season). I wasn't thrilled with the Jacob May pick at the time, but he's shown to be a nice player in the early going.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 08:10 PM)
caulfield, any idea why Trayce left tonight's game?

here's a response i got from beat writer

I'm not sure. He started 0-3 on the night. I sent the Barons an email last night to check but I haven't heard back. I'll let you know what I hear.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID