7/5 Games

Dunt

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 07:18 PM)
Anderson singles in his first AB. Nice to see a first rounder getting knocks consistently.

Reminds me of Courtney Haw---

oh wait, that was last year :(

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 11:46 PM)
I'm guessing it's just because of college high school. Next year he should be starting and going 5-6 innings each time.

Fixed. Doesn't change things much, but worth noting.

My guess is his 98 innings in high school ball involved a fair amount of abuse. You don't often see high school pitchers get that high in IP without frequently pitching on short rest, high pitch counts, etc.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 12:43 AM)
My guess is his 98 innings in high school ball involved a fair amount of abuse. You don't often see high school pitchers get that high in IP without frequently pitching on short rest, high pitch counts, etc.

With 7 inning games and an ERA of 0 I don't think pitch count was a factor. Short rest, however...

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)
Does anybody know what the plan is for Danish this year? So far he gets a couple innings on 5 or so days rest. High workload already this year?

The Sox go pretty conservative with their pitchers for the first year out of school. They often go very short inning totals on long rest.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 01:43 AM)

In one of the threads they said that was exactly the reason, he'll pitch out of the pen this year to get some work but keep the innings down.