Wise starting rehab

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 04:55 PM)
I could see him getting DFA'd in the future as well. There's not much reason to have him on this team.

There's absolutely no reason to have him on this team unless we feel we want to relive the 2007 nightmare that was Andy Gonzalez.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 06:07 PM)
There's absolutely no reason to have him on this team unless we feel we want to relive the 2007 nightmare that was Andy Gonzalez.

LOL, Wise is not that bad. But I agree that he has no place on this team, no need for a 35-year old reserve when you are playing for the future.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
I would be shocked if the Sox aren't trying to find a team to send him to.

That's what I was just thinking. If the Cubs can get an arm for Scott Hairston, maybe the Sox can get a live body for Wise.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)
That's what I was just thinking. If the Cubs can get an arm for Scott Hairston, maybe the Sox can get a live body for Wise.

Even if we got an Ozzie Guillen manager type return on it, that would be great. If you get a body for him, it is a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 1h

For Dewayne WIse, he first went on DL with a right hamstring strain, suffered the oblique as he rehabbed and now has reinjured hamstring.

Dewayne Wise remains on the disabled list. Has been returned to Triple-A Charlotte with a strained right hamstring. #WhiteSox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 07:25 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 1h

For Dewayne WIse, he first went on DL with a right hamstring strain, suffered the oblique as he rehabbed and now has reinjured hamstring.

Dewayne Wise remains on the disabled list. Has been returned to Triple-A Charlotte with a strained right hamstring. #WhiteSox

Injury aside I thought Wise was hitting better then Jordan Danks. Not sure how they compared defensively but Wise wasn't all that bad. But, my guess he won't be back to the bigs with this team