7/6 White Sox vs. Rays (Sale vs. Moore)

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 01:48 AM)
118 pitches for Sale, the best and most valuable player on our team by a mile, after hitting the 120s his last start. Robin needs to cool it with him, immediately. It's not like we're going to win anything this year, and given all the concern about his propensity for arm troubles down the line due to his his pitching motion...Hahn need to pull RV aside and get him to cut that crap out. I know it's terrible but at this point I almost wish Sale would get some kind of a minor leg/groin strain that would keep him from throwing for a few weeks.

Boy the Sox stink. I didn't even consider watching it on MLB.com. I would think if I have lost complete interest, and I am a die-hard, I would think 85 percent of all Sox fans are done for a long time to come.

As far as Sale's pitches ... again, we can't just not use him until the Sox are good again. He might be our ace for 4-5 years of 90-plus losses. s*** happens. You can't put him on ice for 3 years. 118 pitches isn't that many IMO.

Went to the game tonight in Tampa. That stadium has the most obnoxious fans, who love using horns like Minnesota Vikings fans, using cowbells for every 2 strike count and dancing to a stupid mascot named DJ Kitty.

Offensively, there is no pop in this lineup like there used to be in the early 00's. Flowers is garbage. De Aza is inconsistent. Blah blah blah...it's time for some roster turnover and a salary dump. I can't see myself paying for more games this season unless there is some good minor league talent being shown off at the Cell. I was in Tampa meeting my family so we didn't pay much for this crap they choose to put on the field.

Props to Sale and eff the anemic offense.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 04:07 AM)
Went to the game tonight in Tampa. That stadium has the most obnoxious fans, who love using horns like Minnesota Vikings fans, using cowbells for every 2 strike count and dancing to a stupid mascot named DJ Kitty.

Offensively, there is no pop in this lineup like there used to be in the early 00's. Flowers is garbage. De Aza is inconsistent. Blah blah blah...it's time for some roster turnover and a salary dump. I can't see myself paying for more games this season unless there is some good minor league talent being shown off at the Cell. I was in Tampa meeting my family so we didn't pay much for this crap they choose to put on the field.

Props to Sale and eff the anemic offense.

I'm amazed the Sox just took it this year, making no changes. They could have at least fired Ventura or the hitting coach or at the least got Big Hurt to travel with the team a month as Brett has done in KC. I guess they can blame all the injuries for this horrendous season. Of course we used to brag that Sox players never got hurt. Everything's changed this year.

p.s. There's nothing uglier or more depressing than watching Viciedo or Dunn strike out. I'd rate those 2 things slightly ahead of Paulie's shoulder shrug when he pops up.

Edited by greg775

boy I hope it is a miss print but on the espn box score it shows that flowers took a whole total of 4 pitches this game! in 3 at bats. nothing but first pitch swinging. he really has no clue. or is too damn scared of a breaking pitch so he takes the first pitch fast ball.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
Fundamentals escape DeAza

LOL you should have heard Farmio raise his voice in frustration over that bone head play