Joey Votto, 1B

David Wright, 3B

Carlos Gonzalez, LF

Yadier Molina, C

Troy Tulowitzki, SS

Michael Cuddyer, DH

Bryce Harper, CF

Matt Harvey, P

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 10:17 PM)
I think Frank just hit the longest bomb in softball history.

Back sometime in the early 90's when they had the rock-&-jock softball games on MTV they had a ball that was painted to look like an 8-ball. If a hitter choose to have that ball pitched to him/her and hit a home-run, it would count for 8 runs.

Frank did, and he hit an 8-run homerun. I don't know how far it went but when they retrieved the ball, it literally had a dent in it.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)
Back sometime in the early 90's when they had the rock-&-jock softball games on MTV they had a ball that was painted to look like an 8-ball. If a hitter choose to have that ball pitched to him/her and hit a home-run, it would count for 8 runs.

Frank did, and he hit an 8-run homerun. I don't know how far it went but when they retrieved the ball, it literally had a dent in it.

I miss Rock N Jock sporting events. When they introduced the 50-point basket above the 25-point hoop, it blew my mind.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
Sale is at 92.9 MPH with his fastball this year and was at 96.3 his rookie year.

He can't even throw it 100. No point in trying to do so.

Source - manual review of FanGraphs.com PITCH F/X data, and MLB PITCH F/X details

17 pitchers threw 100+ mph in 2010.

105.1, Aroldis Chapman (Reds), 9/24/2010 8th inning, vs. Tony Gwynn Jr. (Padres) a PETCO Park, ball, plate speed 96.5 mph

103.4, Neftali Feliz (Rangers), 9/1/2010 entered 9th inning in relief, vs. Mike Aviles (Royals) at Kauffman Stadium, ball, plate speed 91.7 mph

103.2, Henry Rodriguez (Athletics), 9/15/2010 reliever 7th inning, vs. Mike Aviles (Royals) at Kauffman Stadium - 93.0 plate speed, ball for walk

102.5, Bobby Parnell (Mets), 8/18/2010 entered 11th inning, vs. Chris Johnson (Astros) at Minute Maid Park, swinging strikeout, 93.4 plate speed

102.2, Joel Zumaya (Tigers), 5/28/2010, entered 9th inning vs. Landon Powell (Athletics) at Comerica Park, ball, 93.5 plate speed

101.6, Justin Verlander (Tigers)

101.5, Jordan Walden (Angels)

10 other pitchers threw 100+ but less than 101 mph. Daniel Bard (100.8), Stephen Strasburg (100.4), Chris Sale (100.3), Alexi Ogando (100.2), Jonathan Broxton (100.2), Jason Motte (100.1), Ubaldo Jimenez (100.1), Andrew Cashner (100.1), Fernando Rodney (100.1), Kyle Farnsworth (100.1)