7.8 Games

bighurt4life

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 12:41 PM)
Can someone give a brief synopsis of Semien's defensive skills? Every time I check the box score he is getting on base.

I am also still upset we have Ravelo at 1B. His bat that is coming together would be much better elsewhere.

Not only was Hawkins 0-4, 4 Ks, but everyone on WS got a hit with 7 players having multi hit games. That Winston-Salem lineup is becoming pretty interesting to watch.

Micah Johnson - 3-5, R, 2 RBI.

Rangel Ravelo - 2-4, HR, 2 R.

Chris Curley - 2-5, 2 HR, 5 RBIs.

Bristol's box scores have been pretty upsetting for me of late. Not only has Michalzewski cooled off from his encouraging start, but Sammy Ayala is riding the pine in favor of some stiffs. Hopefully they're working instructional aspects of his game or something like that. Can anyone comment as to why he's not getting a bulk of the starts behind the plate?

'13 draft picks Matt Ball and Tyler Barnette both have 4 scoreless innings for Bristol now.

I've seen varying reports on Semien's defense, but the general impression I have is that he is above average at 2B, and something like average at SS (with some reports below average, others above).

With the lack of 3B talent in the system, if Ravelo could have stuck at 3B at all, they would have kept him there. IF he's at first, he's not a 3B.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
You're probably right. When he was drafted and projected to have above average power a move to 1B wouldn't have bothered me but now that he has yet to see that power come together its frustrating. Still holding out on Ravelo though. Definitely a dark horse for our positional prospects.

He's young, and the power was a long projection. He's hitting very well, has a history of drawing walks as much as striking out, good contact rate, and he has started to increase his XBH rate this year (particularly in the past week or two). He's a real prospect and one to watch, and I wouldn't give up on him developing power yet. Remember too that he missed half of last year, so this will be his first full pro season.

Are we really THAT shallow at 3B? Michalczweski in low minors, Morel in high minors, Gillaspie/Keppinger in MLB. None of these guys are world-beaters but it seems like we are far better off at the position than we were 12 months ago

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
Are we really THAT shallow at 3B? Michalczweski in low minors, Morel in high minors, Gillaspie/Keppinger in MLB. None of these guys are world-beaters but it seems like we are far better off at the position than we were 12 months ago

Has the cast of Jersey Shore had "enhancements"?

Dan Wagner's a nice player in AA, but not a real prospect at his size.

I guess you could put Carlos Sanchez in the 3B category as a super-utility kind of guy like Eduardo Escobar/Keppinger.

Edited by caulfield12