Winned game

Kyyle23

Rios and Dunn may never have more value than right now. Wow.

To Alex Rios ... sorry for implying you are a dog in some of my posts this season. To tie an ALL TIME AL record for hits in a nine-inning game, that's crazy special. My apologies.

Dunn with his 24th homer during a crucial spot? Hmmm. His value also will never be higher. As mad as some of us fans get at you for striking out over and over, kudos tonight.

It might be time to ship them both to Pittsburgh and like Fathom said, ASK FOR A TON IN RETURN while they are riding this high.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 06:28 AM)
I was advocating the White Sox basically just cut him back in early May. But I gotta admit, he's been a joy to watch the past month or so. He's been playing as a borderline all-star as of late

Dunn is now 58th highest OPS in MLB for the moment.

Rios at 68th, 10th out of 20 qualified RFer's. RF, interestingly, has stronger numbers than LF, especially the bottom quintile.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)
Dunn is now 58th highest OPS in MLB for the moment.

Rios at 68th, 10th out of 20 qualified RFer's. RF, interestingly, has stronger numbers than LF, especially the bottom quintile.

Just a theory, but I'm guessing you will typically play more more inexperienced guys in LF, and because you don't need a good arm to play LF, you will also see a lot of speedy, tablesetter types up there too who don't have a good arm, whereas right fielders will have more established players with good arms.

Also, there can always be outliers too - guys with particularly low or high numbers in either spot while the rest even out.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 06:28 AM)
I was advocating the White Sox basically just cut him back in early May. But I gotta admit, he's been a joy to watch the past month or so. He's been playing as a borderline all-star as of late

Maybe more time playing in the field has something to do with it.