7/10

flavum

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)

SIGH.

The day before, he had a homer and triple off the wall.

Then he goes 0 for 4 with 4 K's and he's benched...? One game, to clear his head, but this is ridiculous. The longer he sits, the more it WILL BE IN HIS HEAD.

BTW, wish they would do that with Adam Dunn sometimes, as well. But for one game or two days (when there's an off-day, for a mental break).

I HATE BUDDY BELL.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)
SIGH.

Then he goes 0 for 4 with 4 K's and he's benched...? One game, to clear his head, but this is ridiculous. The longer he sits, the more it WILL BE IN HIS HEAD.

BTW, wish they would do that with Adam Dunn sometimes, as well. But for one game or two days (when there's an off-day, for a mental break).

I HATE BUDDY BELL.

Sort of funny, you saying how you hate that the Sox are apparently reacting to one game's performance (which I doubt they are, but let's run with that)... and saying you hate Buddy Bell based on having Hawkins sit for... one or two games.

He may also have a slight injury, or he's getting in extra side work (which I think would be great), or there was a disciplinary issue, or he's got personal matters to attend to, or who knows what else.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
Sort of funny, you saying how you hate that the Sox are apparently reacting to one game's performance (which I doubt they are, but let's run with that)... and saying you hate Buddy Bell based on having Hawkins sit for... one or two games.

He may also have a slight injury, or he's getting in extra side work (which I think would be great), or there was a disciplinary issue, or he's got personal matters to attend to, or who knows what else.

Maybe they're angry about his twitter account...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)
SIGH.

I HATE BUDDY BELL.

Buddy Bell benched Hawkins?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
I still hate Buddy Bell, and listening to that interview of 22 minutes made it even worse.

I also hate Braves and Blue Jays fans, for all the collusion going on with All-Star votes this week.

Didn't the Sox team up with LA or SF one year to get one of their guys in the game? I think they did.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 01:33 PM)
Yes, but crimes agianst Puig, aka the best LF ever, are basically crimes against humanity

The backlash will be more interesting now if he doesn't make it.

There will be a lot of squirming around in NYC in the commissioner's office, trying to find someone to "sit out" for a dubious injury so Puig can at least be invited to the game.

Just count how many articles and comments are going to start appearing tmrw at 3 p.m. if he loses. It's going to be a PR mess.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
caulfield, you must be watching/listening to different things than me, as just about everyone I've heard doesn't think Puig should make it.

There's a solid majority of the national baseball media network in his corner though.

This really is a lot like Obama/Hillary, and then the Obama presidential elections. The "media" bias issue. The East and West coast vs. the South/Heartland. The old school traditional values/conservative "silent majority" being for Freeman.

It's fascinating, if you look at the voting trends, even on a county by county basis.

Of course, Pence dominates the northern half of CA. Maybe if he wasn't on the ballot, then Freeman would probably lose, along with the early votes going to Adrian Gonzalez.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
There's a solid majority of the national baseball media network in his corner though.

This really is a lot like Obama/Hillary, and then the Obama presidential elections. The "media" bias issue. The East and West coast vs. the South/Heartland. The old school traditional values/conservative "silent majority" being for Freeman.

It's fascinating, if you look at the voting trends, even on a county by county basis.

Of course, Pence dominates the northern half of CA. Maybe if he wasn't on the ballot, then Freeman would probably lose, along with the early votes going to Adrian Gonzalez.

WTF

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
WTF

Overlay that NL voting map against either the 2008 or 2012 presidential election map.

They're pretty close to identical, comparing Puig and Freeman head-to-head.

One mustn't forget, there's likely to be some racism (subtle or overt) at play here as well. But that discussion is opening up a whole different can of worms.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 03:05 PM)
One mustn't forget, there's likely to be some racism (subtle or overt) at play here as well. But that discussion is opening up a whole different can of worms.

Never go full retard

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
Fine, the simplest argument of all.

Is there ANYONE besides Braves' fans and Greg Walker who are going to tune in specifically to watch Freddie Freeman get one AB and maybe 2-3 innings on the field?

This I actually agree with. It's an exhibition game. Puig should be there. Maybe if every team did not get a damn representative then they'd both go. Either way it's not the end of the world. It's a dumbass All Star Game that in my opinion was made irrelevant as soon as interleague play started.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
The backlash will be more interesting now if he doesn't make it.

There will be a lot of squirming around in NYC in the commissioner's office, trying to find someone to "sit out" for a dubious injury so Puig can at least be invited to the game.

Just count how many articles and comments are going to start appearing tmrw at 3 p.m. if he loses. It's going to be a PR mess.

I will just count the extra pages in your personal Puig-Mania article thread

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
Fine, the simplest argument of all.

Is there ANYONE besides Braves' fans and Greg Walker who are going to tune in specifically to watch Freddie Freeman get one AB and maybe 2-3 innings on the field?

I'd tune into the game just to watch Barry Bonds if he were selected, but I wouldn't vote for him. That's an extremely flawed and weak argument.