Make a case for a new manager in 2014

kitekrazy

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
Why not?

They have about the same experience Ventura did when he got the job, which is none.

Of course, it pretty much shows in Ventura's results. Woefully over his head.

so you want to drive back down that highway?!?....no thanks.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
Yes because you throw convention out the window when covention has fared poorly. But maybe you think losing is fun or seeing the same s*** different day is acceptable.

You make it sound like a change in batting order is at least doing something. Smacks of desperation to me. Change just for the sake of saying you tried everything. I'm not saying the order is perfect, and I share your frustration, but I don't think Robin's scorecard is holding this team back.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
Why not?

They have about the same experience Ventura did when he got the job, which is none.

Of course, it pretty much shows in Ventura's results. Woefully over his head.

You believe that Ventura has failed as a manager, which is pretty obvious, so you say "why not" to hiring one of these guys, who are all relatively terrible candidates to manage the White Sox, because they had as much experience as the last guy.

That logic is flawless.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 12:39 AM)
You make it sound like a change in batting order is at least doing something. Smacks of desperation to me. Change just for the sake of saying you tried everything. I'm not saying the order is perfect, and I share your frustration, but I don't think Robin's scorecard is holding this team back.

We aren't desperate ? Why all these trade rumors and guys about to get shipped out if we aren't desperate. Yes we are desparate, desparately bad. We need to find answers. That's why people have been suggesting trying Beckham at SS. That's why I'm saying give hitters a chance to show what they got in other parts of the batting order. I'm not saying it will lead to any more success than we're seeing now. Shouldn't we be trying everything ?

If we're going to lose I want the team at least to have a little fun out there. Show some life. I see Joe Maddon doing all kinds of silly things like the Rays Nerd trip in 2012 starting the whole theme based road trip, having penguins and cockatoos in the clubhouse. He changed the MLB rule of no hoodies in the dugout and hired a DJ to entertain the players in the clubhouse. That is the modern ballplayers players manager. He keeps things fresh . Have I mentioned he set a MLB record for using 151 lineups in a season ? Ok so that depends largely of the versatility of your players and injuries but he's known for changing the lineup anyway and taking full advantage of matchups, platoons, sabremetrics and anything to gain an edge on a daily basis.

Yes I'm very frustrated , bored and pissed off and usually make my point and leave it at that but I guess I've emphasized the lineup or thats what's being used as a counter argument and so I'll emphasize again it's really more about not seeing the same s*** on a daily basis. It's about showing something ,anything at all , to make things interesting and entertaining . After all you do have a product to sell and players to keep fresh, focused and happy.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside