Castro sent down

southsider2k5

Chicago White Sox

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Monday, July 15, 2013

WHITE SOX OPTION SIMON CASTRO TO CHARLOTTE

CHICAGO – Following yesterday’s game at Philadelphia, the Chicago White Sox optioned right-handed pitcher Simon Castro to Class AAA Charlotte.

Castro, 25, appeared in four games with the White Sox after being recalled from Charlotte on June 29, going 0-1 with a 2.70 ERA (2 ER/6.2 IP) and six strikeouts.

Castro is 3-6 with a 4.92 ERA (41 ER/75.0 IP) and 63 strikeouts over 16 games (12 starts) with the Knights in 2013.

The White Sox will make a corresponding roster move prior to their game on Friday vs. Atlanta.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)
Chicago White Sox

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Monday, July 15, 2013

WHITE SOX OPTION SIMON CASTRO TO CHARLOTTE

CHICAGO – Following yesterday’s game at Philadelphia, the Chicago White Sox optioned right-handed pitcher Simon Castro to Class AAA Charlotte.

Castro, 25, appeared in four games with the White Sox after being recalled from Charlotte on June 29, going 0-1 with a 2.70 ERA (2 ER/6.2 IP) and six strikeouts.

Castro is 3-6 with a 4.92 ERA (41 ER/75.0 IP) and 63 strikeouts over 16 games (12 starts) with the Knights in 2013.

The White Sox will make a corresponding roster move prior to their game on Friday vs. Atlanta.

I am sure it will be Peavy off the DL. I wonder if Castro is the right move though

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 11:29 AM)
I would bet that Troncoso would have to be exposed to waivers to go down.

He would, but it really wouldn't be a big loss if someone claimed him. Reminds me of when the Sox lost Jeff Gray a few years back.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 11:34 AM)
He would, but it really wouldn't be a big loss if someone claimed him. Reminds me of when the Sox lost Jeff Gray a few years back.

Then when the division rival Twins claimed him after Seattle, people here were pissed!!! Jeff f***ing Gray

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 11:29 AM)
I would bet that Troncoso would have to be exposed to waivers to go down.

Not to be flip, but ...So?

But you're probably right. Heck, they supposedly kept Wise a while back because someone might claim the 36 year old who can't hit a lick.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 06:02 PM)
Not to be flip, but ...So?

But you're probably right. Heck, they supposedly kept Wise a while back because someone might claim the 36 year old who can't hit a lick.

In the Sox position they are in evaluation mode. Personally I think Troncoso is a steaming pile of crap, but they have a chance to evaluate him at the major league level and see if they are interested or not. At this point, they want to be keeping as many guys as they can for this type of auditions. If you send Castro down, he can always come back again, and probably will soon enough after someone else is dealt.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:16 PM)
If Wise is activated it would have to be Tekotte right? The two of the them on the bench together makes no sense. Wise isn't exactly setting the world on fire in his rehab stint.

Wise is going back on the DL at Charlotte with a hamstring injury. Tekotte is younger and should be on the team instead of Wise anyway. Axelrod will go to the bullpen and Peavy will be with the team on Friday to start Saturday. They aren't down a guy. They could have waited until after Friday's game to activate Peavy but it's not like they need 8 relievers for Friday night right? They probably just want Castro back at Charlotte for Friday nights game.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
Wise is going back on the DL at Charlotte with a hamstring injury. Tekotte is younger and should be on the team instead of Wise anyway. Axelrod will go to the bullpen and Peavy will be with the team on Friday to start Saturday. They aren't down a guy. They could have waited until after Friday's game to activate Peavy but it's not like they need 8 relievers for Friday night right? They probably just want Castro back at Charlotte for Friday nights game.

Technically they aren't down a guy, but in reality they are. If Peavy isn't pitching until Saturday, you might as well keep Castro around until Saturday and activate Peavy then, just in case.