Sox sign Travis Ishikawa

buckweaver

Less likely: Konerko is out for a while and the team needs a backup, or Dunn is on his way out.

More likely: Minor league filler. I think the AAA first basemen aren't hitting very well.

Edited by almagest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/pro...Travis-Ishikawa

His major league OPS total is 721, that's not going to work at 1B.

Signed for $965,000. Will be 30 at the end of this year.

He's a JAG. If he plays in the majors, it's to essentially "eat innings" or to act as a bat on the bench. More likely is that he is playing 1B in AAA to help the Knights win ball games.

Also, where are you getting that monetary figure? All I see is that it's a minor league deal.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
He's a JAG. If he plays in the majors, it's to essentially "eat innings" or to act as a bat on the bench. More likely is that he is playing 1B in AAA to help the Knights win ball games.

Also, where are you getting that monetary figure? All I see is that it's a minor league deal.

No, I meant originally...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)

Easy on the name calling

As I said in the minor league forum, this now make 4 1B's in Charlotte: Wilkins, McDade, L Anderson and now Ishikawa.

Anderson has been terrible and is probably gone. One of the others may go as well, though they may be hoarding extra 1B types knowing they MIGHT trade PK or Dunn. Still though, 4 is silly, you can't get them playing time. 3 is even silly, IMO.

This also gives you an idea that the org probably doesn't see Dan Black as a future major leaguer, for those who have asked on that before.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 01:41 PM)
As I said in the minor league forum, this now make 4 1B's in Charlotte: Wilkins, McDade, L Anderson and now Ishikawa.

Anderson has been terrible and is probably gone. One of the others may go as well, though they may be hoarding extra 1B types knowing they MIGHT trade PK or Dunn. Still though, 4 is silly, you can't get them playing time. 3 is even silly, IMO.

This also gives you an idea that the org probably doesn't see Dan Black as a future major leaguer, for those who have asked on that before.

Yeah, I cant imagine Anderson sticks around now.

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)
Less likely: Konerko is out for a while and the team needs a backup, or Dunn is on his way out.

More likely: Minor league filler. I think the AAA first basemen aren't hitting very well.

Adam Dunn isn't going anywhere and Konerko will be back soon. Might get a look next spring though