Rios pulled from game

southsider2k5

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)
What was your favorite memory of the Hanson era?

That time he beat Hawk at arm rasslin and Hawk explained that he had the strongest top hand since Gary Sheffield. You could someone as good a top hand, but none better.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 09:13 PM)

LOL!!

I had several but probably my favorite was this post in the game thread: "I think it's just stupid people on Twitter". :lol:

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 10:27 PM)
Doesn't make any sense as to why Rios was hugging everyone though.

Please note, none of Sox beat writers confirmed this. Supposedly it was mentioned on the Braves broadcast. Not a word on Sox broadcast.

Kudos to Robin for pulling Rios. Ventura told the media, "We expect more than that. It was simple."

Yes like one of the mods said in the game thread, it was a no brainer. Too blatant to overlook. I mean, in a tie game?? Rios conceding a double play with a runner on third? If I was Jerry, I'd take the heat off Robin and DEMAND he be benched on Saturday as well. Give him a day off. Robin can't sit him another day for the gaffe, but Jerry could demand it. Robin Ventura gained a fan tonight in me, not that anybody cares.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:00 PM)
Kudos to Robin for pulling Rios. Ventura told the media, "We expect more than that. It was simple."

Yes like one of the mods said in the game thread, it was a no brainer. Too blatant to overlook. I mean, in a tie game?? Rios conceding a double play with a runner on third? If I was Jerry, I'd take the heat off Robin and DEMAND he be benched on Saturday as well. Give him a day off. Robin can't sit him another day for the gaffe, but Jerry could demand it. Robin Ventura gained a fan tonight in me, not that anybody cares.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)
I wonder if Rios not hustling lately has anything to do with him trying to decrease his trade value, aka stay here.

Last year Rios was presented with a 'Hustle' award. How ironic (moronic?)

I think he just saw it as a typical DP ball , no chance to beat it out . Simmons bobble changed that and he was pulled because of it. I always viewed grounding into a DP as embarassing and busted my ass not to be embarassed especially when beating it out means a run.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 04:33 AM)
Heyman just tweeted that Rios was mad at himself for grounding into DP and sulkke. Not a big deal. Case closed.

I like hearing that.

I like that too, but my dog used to eat my term papers regularly so I am not that educated.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)

Did I ever tell you about the time that Alan Hanson got a home run on a ground ball to shortstop? So anyways, Alan Hanson is up at the plate, and the pitcher is just giving him mean looks and spitting everywhere, but Alan Hanson just winked at him and hit a ball to the shortstop. Then the shortstop fielded the ball and threw it to first, but Alan Hanson was already rounding first! So the first baseman throws it to second but it was too late! So the second baseman tries to get ahead of Alan Hanson and throws it to home, but Alan Hanson stops in the base line and starts river dancing. The catcher didn't know what to think, so he chased after him and wouldn't you know, Alan Hanson backflipped over the catcher and somersaulted his way to the plate. Wouldn't you know, the men's Olympic gymnist coach was there, and signed Alan Hanson up and he brought home the gold for the USA.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:08 PM)
Did I ever tell you about the time that Alan Hanson got a home run on a ground ball to shortstop? So anyways, Alan Hanson is up at the plate, and the pitcher is just giving him mean looks and spitting everywhere, but Alan Hanson just winked at him and hit a ball to the shortstop. Then the shortstop fielded the ball and threw it to first, but Alan Hanson was already rounding first! So the first baseman throws it to second but it was too late! So the second baseman tries to get ahead of Alan Hanson and throws it to home, but Alan Hanson stops in the base line and starts river dancing. The catcher didn't know what to think, so he chased after him and wouldn't you know, Alan Hanson backflipped over the catcher and somersaulted his way to the plate. Wouldn't you know, the men's Olympic gymnist coach was there, and signed Alan Hanson up and he brought home the gold for the USA.

I was at that game!!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 12:08 AM)

I don't believe this.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 12:08 AM)

No that wasn't Alan Hanson. That was Josh Phegley. #PhegleyFacts