Return of the Koch II: Billy's Revenge

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so I suppose we should get rid of Konerko too since he had a badass year last year and is dissapointing this year right?

Paul should have been on a bench 50% MORE than he has been.

Care to elaborate on your logic here...?

Exactly.  Nice white sox fan.  IF she had a clue she would know we need him.

I agree.

I think the point of this post was if Billy Koch recovered to pitch like he did last year, we would really have a strong bullpen.

I don't think the point of the post was to bring Koch back and let him blow gameS again.

I believe we need him in order to be successful in the postseason--I know its not too possible, but it's worth a shot.

ok so I suppose we should get rid of Konerko too since he had a badass year last year and is dissapointing this year right?

I think if we would get rid of someone, defenetely this guy would be Konerko.

But what i think about peolpe in here is that PK is the protected one on this team.

IMO, PK is the first guy we should look bad, after him it would be Koch.

Thats right....Koch has been purely professional about it, and knows that he has been a huge disappointment so far. I'm not sure that 15 days coulda really helped that much, I'm for letting him have a shot, and if its still not there, shut him down until Spring next year....his arm has already been through Tommy John surgery once, he may need to give it a break for a bit.

Koch needs to be used in middle relief, as Marte and Gordon have proved to be solid in closing out games. If he can gain his confidence in middle relief, they can move him to the set-up role. I just don't want them pulling Marte and Gordon from that closer spot, since they are proving themselves worthy of playing that position, and they shouldn't try to fix something that doesn't need fixing.

Willie Harris probably will be sent down, as there is no need for an extra utility OF/2B. We have plenty of OFers, and Graffanino can play 2B if Alomar needs a day off.

thats stupid... yeah one of the best closers in the league go away... good one

So I see you didn't want to elaborate.. :rolleyes:

Koch has OPENLY admitted he's sucked this year. Hw should have been rehabing in June - when the pain in his elblw started. For not doing so.. he is SELFISH!

And if you want to sit there and say Koch has been a better closer than Keith - or 10 other closers - this year.. then someone sure is stupid.. and it's not me.

Best closers.. eh??

Here's just a few better than Koch this year.. IMO of course.

Eric Gagne, John Smoltz, Keith Foulke, Billy Wagner, Rocky Biddle, Mariano Rivera, Tim Worrell, Urbina, Guarado, Armando Benitez, Lance Carter, Mike MacDougal, Danny Baez, Scott Williamson.

I'd take ANY of them over Koch THIS year.

Best closers.. eh??

Eric Gagne, John Smoltz, Keith Foulke, Billy Wagner, Rocky Biddle, Mariano Rivera, Tim Worrell, Urbina, Guarado, Armando Benitez, Lance Carter, Mike MacDougal, Danny Baez, Scott Williamson.

You forgot Danny Patterson, Byung-Hyun Kim, Jorge Julio, Francisco Cordero, Troy Percival, Joe Borowski, Mike Dejean, Mike Williams, Jose Mesa, Braden Looper, and Rod Beck.

Unless, he gets his 99 mph heater back.................NOT!

So I see you didn't want to elaborate..  :rolleyes:

Koch has OPENLY admitted he's sucked this year. Hw should have been rehabing in June - when the pain in his elblw started. For not doing so.. he is SELFISH!

And if you want to sit there and say Koch has been a better closer than Keith this year.. then someone sure is stupid.. and it's not me.

What was wrong with the analysis :lol: DJ would have been proud...

It is pretty clear that there has been something wrong with Billy Koch this year. He has been a shadow of his former self, and until he finds his fastball, he will continue to suck. This team would be immensely better if Billy could find his fastball, but I just get the feeling that 2 weeks on the DL, only one of which he spent resting, will be the answer. I would guess he won't see his 99mph fastball until at least next year, because he needs to give his arm some rest and he won't get it until next year.

Best closers.. eh??

You forgot Danny Patterson, Byung-Hyun Kim, Jorge Julio, Francisco Cordero, Troy Percival, Joe Borowski, Mike Dejean, Mike Williams, Jose Mesa, Braden Looper, and Rod Beck.

Unless, he gets his 99 mph heater back.................NOT!

Thank you.

Point... THIS year Koch BLOWS.. and he should stay in Charlotte as long as necessary.. for the rest of the season if necessary. Because THIS YEAR he sucks!

Why bring him back now? I agree that the 2002 edition of Billy Koch :headbang before he transformed into Billy Botch :fyou would have me thinking WS instead of getting into the playoffs. However I don't see how two weeks of IR changed much. He was already on reduced pitches. As I recall almost everyone here cheered when we got him.

If we must have him back on the roster, give him spot work in middle relief but not too many pitches. Perhaps have him come in for a couple batters then go to Sulllivan or whomever.

Why bring him back now? I agree that the 2002 edition of Billy Koch  :headbang before he transformed into Billy Botch  :fyou  would have me thinking WS instead of getting into the playoffs. However I don't see how two weeks of IR changed much. He was already on reduced pitches. As I recall almost everyone here cheered when we got him.

If we must have him back on the roster, give him spot work in middle relief but not too many pitches. Perhaps have him come in for a couple batters then go to Sulllivan or whomever.

Oh Tex.. you're so stupid and you don't know anything about baseball.... :rolleyes:

Why bring him back now? I agree that the 2002 edition of Billy Koch  :headbang before he transformed into Billy Botch  :fyou  would have me thinking WS instead of getting into the playoffs. However I don't see how two weeks of IR changed much. He was already on reduced pitches. As I recall almost everyone here cheered when we got him.

Oh Tex.. you're so stupid and you don't know anything about baseball.... :rolleyes:

I know. I just look at other boards and repeat s*** here. :D

If Billy starts pegging the gun at 99 with some movement we could almost breath easy in the 9th. I just thought of this now but the guys in Oakland must be laughing their asses off :angry:

I know. I just look at other boards and repeat s*** here.  :D

If Billy starts pegging the gun at 99 with some movement we could almost breath easy in the 9th. I just thought of this now but the guys in Oakland must be laughing their asses off  :angry:

Well.. we know for a fact that's how a couple of the posters here are able to communicate. ;)

Oakland mgmt must have to wear depends every time Koch takes the mound or when they hear about his arm issue. :lol: