Return of the Koch II: Billy's Revenge

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol well far be it from me to get into the heavy debate here.....my two cents worth.....

Ugh.. I just wish he would go away.. far, far away.

couldnt agree more....

ok so I suppose we should get rid of Konerko too since he had a badass year last year and is dissapointing this year right?

sure they can hold hands on the unemployment line... paulie had one good year... count them one..hes always been a subpar player at best..a battery of frank and dauber would have served us better this year.....

You have to give Koch credit though on how he handled this year. He never made excuses and only blamed himself.

who else can he blame???? lol.....

whether Koch struggled in the early going or not, he has been a good reliever in the AL since his rookie season. with that, NOBODY should say a damn thing about Koch.

just because he was doesnt mean he will continue to be.... hell who would have thunk that foulke and biddle would have the years they are currently having??? :huh:

maybe he was hurt when he came here because the A's overused him last year, is that his fault?

no its kw's fault for not seeing that in the first place and wondering if maybe he was a bit over used and then taking him on with the same intentions..... ;) the big dumbass......

If you people think KOCH and COLON cant and dont NEED to help this team, you are TOTALLY clueless.

well botch and colon do need to help this team.. colon only does it when he feels like it and were still waiting on botch to do something.......

I love the sox and every player on their team.

does that include frank and rowand???? :huh: ;) :D

wether you love him or hate him the point of the matter is hes not doing s*** for us now.. and should stay down in charlotte untill hes FULLY healthy.....and that wont be determined by only tossing one or two games.....mho......

Is this Billy Koch II: Electric Boogaloo? :lol:

I want Billy to succeed but this year, every time he went out, it's like cardiac arrest watching him get 3 outs. He needed to rehab a lot earlier when the troubling signs first started...not now. Who knows what this season would have looked like if he rehabed earlier and possibly found that fastball again.

Koch's arm is sore and a short trip to the DL isn't going to change that. It'd be great if he'd find that extra few MPH on that fastball and start pitching lights out, but right now he's pitching beach balls.

I concur that calling them Billy Botch etc. isn't a great idea, but people can tend to get very emotional when a player who was lights out now comes out and pitches 10 MPH less and causes us to lose games [i.e. Crawford's bomb in TB, etc.]

I'm all for Koch, but I want to see the lights out Koch. I don't have to accept the actions deemed as "Billy Botch" because we all know his potential. And people have a right to voice their disapproval of "Billy Botch"-ish actions but they should still remember that he is a part of the team and can be very powerful in our success or failure this season. Here's for pulling for Billy to get 98-99. :drink :cheers

Koch will be back this weekend, Sunday sept 2nd. To bring him back earlier would be assinine on KW's part.

Koch has not earned my loyalty anymore than Cotts has, he does however have my support whenever he dons the silver and black.

The only way Koch will hit 98 mph this yr is behind the wheel.

There is hope though as Coop blurted that Koch has been throwing a cutter, that'll at least give him a chance to be effective. I'm hoping for the best because we could definitely use an effective Koch down the stretch and in the playoffs.

AS most people on these boards know, I am the biggest Koch fan around. I still think that Billy can do great things with this team, but in all honesty, I think it won't happen until 2004. No one in MLB can retrieve 6-8 MPH by resting for 2 weeks. If he is still throwing 93-94 when he comes back for a few games, I still say shut him down, no off-season intensive throwing, and start fresh from Spring Training. The guy is a proven commodity, and once that once-surgically repaired arm is back to normal, the dominant Koch will be back.

Hey Steff sorry I didnt respond earlier but I dont live my life on the boards..

Billy Koch is having A bad year.. and you say we should get rid of him? Well then I guess Paul Konerko is going to be along with him out of here in the offseason nevermind he was a .300 hitter last yr

The POINT is he is having a bad year, he hasnt always been bad like this. I never said he didnt suck but I am saying there is no way you just make this guy go away

that is stupid, because he is one of the best closers in the league

Where did I say we should get rid of him?? Show me that and your post might have some merit..

Guest hotsoxchick1
That you have a bias opinion and you cant be objective, quite similar to HSC. :o

umm just like your visions are always correct..........NOT........ :lol:

That you have a bias opinion and you cant be objective, quite similar to HSC. :o

I want him to do well. Its just obvious that he sucks this year, and really has never been that great. They hit 4 balls either to the wall or off it tonight. The 98 mph fastball that was supposedly back is not. If you are a true Sox fan, do you want him in the game when the game is on the line?

Guest hotsoxchick1
How can you say Paulie had one good year? He had THREE count em THREE good years... not to mention they were in a ROW... damn get your facts straight

LMAO.. ok.. he had one good year and two subpar years before it..........three in a row.. hardly.......

I want him to do well. Its just obvious that he sucks this year, and really has never been that great. They hit 4 balls either to the wall or off it tonight. The 98 mph fastball that was supposedly back is not. If you are a true Sox fan, do you want him in the game when the game is on the line?

Yes. Hes not going to be up to 98 or even sharp, in his first outing. Uh thats why hes on a REHAB assignment.

Yes.  Hes not going to be up to 98 or even sharp, in his first outing. Uh thats why hes on a REHAB assignment.

How many outings does he have to have to be sharp? There are only a few games left in Charlotte's season. Koch has thrown on the side, and for the 3rd time this year said his fastball was back.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Man I hate when Women think they know what they are talkin about  :nono

he hasnt batted over a .300 avg since 1999... the last time he did it was last year barely .304......other than that hes been in the mid .200's......i hardly call that outstanding..........