Return of the Koch II: Billy's Revenge

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol well far be it from me to get into the heavy debate here.....my two cents worth.....

couldnt agree more....

sure they can hold hands on the unemployment line... paulie had one good year... count them one..hes always been a subpar player at best..a battery of frank and dauber would have served us better this year.....

who else can he blame???? lol.....

just because he was doesnt mean he will continue to be.... hell who would have thunk that foulke and biddle would have the years they are currently having??? :huh:

no its kw's fault for not seeing that in the first place and wondering if maybe he was a bit over used and then taking him on with the same intentions..... ;)  the big dumbass......

well botch and colon do need to help this team.. colon only does it when he feels like it and were still waiting on botch to do something.......

does that include frank and rowand???? :huh:  ;)  :D

wether you love him or hate him the point of the matter is hes not doing s*** for us now.. and should stay down in charlotte untill hes FULLY healthy.....and that wont be determined by only tossing one or two games.....mho......

"my two cents worth"

Here's your change.

I understand Konerko is no Thome, Delgado, Helton

But he is STILL a productive first baseman (Excluding this year.) wether you admit it or not

JUST ADMIT you know he has had more than ONE good year

well im not going to admit to something i know isnt true.... geez us how many ways you have to have it put in front of you... i showed you numbers and that wasnt enough.. half the board said their opinions and thats not enough.... foreget it...your wrong.. he hasnt had a good year since last year and thats it.............believe what you want ill go with the facts...........

"half the board said their opinions and thats not enough"

No, not half the board, you and steff, "don't-able"

22 pages of drivel. I can't believe I read them all. I would have to agree with anthony007 though.

clujer420 Posted on Aug 26 2003, 09:39 AM

I just spent nearly an hour working my way through this mess, and I can honestly say it's the most pointless thread that I've read so far in my few months as a member here.

Agreed.

22 pages of drivel.  I can't believe I read them all.  I would have to agree with anthony007 though.

I just spent nearly an hour working my way through this mess, and I can honestly say it's the most pointless thread that I've read so far in my few months as a member here.

Agreed.

Agree with him on what...?

Please be specific.

Thanks.

:rolleyes:

I understand Konerko is no Thome, Delgado, Helton

But he is STILL a productive first baseman (Excluding this year.) wether you admit it or not

JUST ADMIT you know he has had more than ONE good year

well im not going to admit to something i know isnt true.... geez us how many ways you have to have it put in front of you... i showed you numbers and that wasnt enough.. half the board said their opinions and thats not enough.... foreget it...your wrong.. he hasnt had a good year since last year and thats it.............believe what you want ill go with the facts...........

"half the board said their opinions and thats not enough"

No, not half the board, you and steff, "don't-able"

ROTFLMAO!!!

I LOVE it when I get mentioned in posts. :headbang

Is this BrandoFan in disguise?

If I remember correctly, Patrick Bateman was the name of the lead character in American Psycho, and BrandoFan had a quote from that movie in his signature.

My guess is Tony drumming up support for himself... which might mean that it's Roman playing the "let's make a new SN and start s***" game.

:lol: :D ;)

If I remember correctly, Patrick Bateman was the name of the lead character in American Psycho, and BrandoFan had a quote from that movie in his signature.

My guess is Tony drumming up support for himself... which might mean that it's Roman playing the "let's make a new SN and start s***" game.

:lol: :D ;)

Um, that sounds complicated. I'm going to a different thread now.

22 pages of drivel.  I can't believe I read them all.  I would have to agree with anthony007 though.

Agreed.

Patrick Bateman -

welcome

now you would either be the return of BrandoFan

or

you are a brand new member you has a thing for the writings of Bret Easton Ellis (as I do) and American Psycho in particular so if you are BrandoFan, welcome back, and if not, I welcome another BEEllis fan to soxtalk :cheers :cheers :cheers

but stay away from me with the hampster cage :ph34r:

Ghost, I didn't read your post before I answered Patrick_Bateman - good call, good memory

yeah it is either BrandoFan and an American Psycho/Bret Easton Ellis fan -

Patrick Bateman makes a brief appearance in at least one other Ellis book (Rules of Attraction) although it is his brother Sean who is the star of that one -

I am not sure what to hope for, BrandoFan finally coming home or a brand new Ellis fan to talk great literature with (the movies all suck compared to the books but you can't do that stuff in movies...)

Ghost, I didn't read your post before I answered Patrick_Bateman - good call, good memory

yeah it is either BrandoFan and an American Psycho/Bret Easton Ellis fan -

Patrick Bateman makes a brief appearance in at least one other Ellis book (Rules of Attraction) although it is his brother Sean who is the star of that one -

I am not sure what to hope for, BrandoFan finally coming home or a brand new Ellis fan to talk great literature with (the movies all suck compared to the books but you can't do that stuff in movies...)

Did Bret E.E. also do "Less Than Zero?" Talk about your bad movies.......

Agreed.

Agree with him on what...?

Please be specific.

Thanks.

:rolleyes:

The first post of the thread states...

"Well, he proclaims himself healthy and ready to go. KW says he looks good...

I heard these statements in January, too. But an effective Koch gives us the Best Bullpen in the Central. Who gets sent down though?"

I agree with Anthony007 that, yes, an EFFECTIVE Koch, gives us the best bullpen in the Central. If he falls on his face, like he did last night, then we have no use for him. If he is able to right himself, then an EFFECTIVE Koch would be very useful to the Sox down the stretch. That, sweetie, is a fact and cannot be disputed.

Agreed.

Patrick Bateman -

welcome

now you would either be the return of BrandoFan

or

you are a brand new member you has a thing for the writings of Bret Easton Ellis (as I do) and American Psycho in particular so if you are BrandoFan, welcome back, and if not, I welcome another BEEllis fan to soxtalk :cheers :cheers :cheers

but stay away from me with the hampster cage :ph34r:

No, sorry, I am not BrandoFan. Just a huge fan of the American Psycho movie. Excellent one-liners in that. I never read the book or any of Bret Easton Ellis' writings either, although, I hear they are quite good.

I heard these statements in January, too. But an effective Koch gives us the Best Bullpen in the Central. Who gets sent down though?"

I agree with Anthony007 that, yes, an EFFECTIVE Koch, gives us the best bullpen in the Central.  If he falls on his face, like he did last night, then we have no use for him.  If he is able to right himself, then an EFFECTIVE Koch would be very useful to the Sox down the stretch.  That, sweetie, is a fact and cannot be disputed.

Well then.. you agree with me as well.

Welcome to the boards.

No, sorry, I am not BrandoFan.  Just a huge fan of the American Psycho movie.  Excellent one-liners in that.  I never read the book or any of Bret Easton Ellis' writings either, although, I hear they are quite good.

the books are excellent, some the best American writing of the generation, but definately not for everyone.

The hampster cage was not in the movie - a lot of us held our breath on that one - the movie is probably the best one from his novels -

problem with his writing is when people read it on your recommendation, they either say, "wow, this is among the finest, most evocative writing of our time period which really captures the zielgeist of the era" or they say "you are really, really sick."

I agree with Anthony007 that, yes, an EFFECTIVE Koch, gives us the best bullpen in the Central.  If he falls on his face, like he did last night, then we have no use for him.  If he is able to right himself, then an EFFECTIVE Koch would be very useful to the Sox down the stretch.  That, sweetie, is a fact and cannot be disputed.

Well then.. you agree with me as well.

Welcome to the boards.

"Point... THIS year Koch BLOWS.. and he should stay in Charlotte as long as necessary.. for the rest of the season if necessary. Because THIS YEAR he sucks!"

Yes, I agree with this statement. However, an EFFECTIVE Koch, gives us the best bullpen in the Central and I think that is the point that anthony007 was trying to make. The YEAR is not over and if Koch can right himself, he will be very valuable to us.