Return of the Koch II: Billy's Revenge

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC did u just say Platoon Frank and Dauber at 1st?

Please tell me you dont think Daubach is better than Konerko because according to your stats Daubach has NEVER had a productive year EVER!!!

umm yeah i did say that.. and you wouldnt want franks bat in the lineup being more productive when hes playing at 1st(a known fact).... dauber has had just about the same production as paulie... (except for that one good year).....but if given the at bats he would do much better im sure..........hes sure a helluva lot faster on the basepaths... and doesnt do so shabby at defense.......frank would be my top pick though.......

SWEET!!! I woulda never guessed that there would be a thread about my boy Koch, where I defend him, it goes over 11 pages so far, and I'm not the one getting attacked!! Am I making more Soxnet friends, or am I being ignored? I guess either way, its pretty cool with me!

your not 30 but youve been covering the sox for 27 years... Damn you are some fan

Yep. My first memory is throwing up on Chuck Tanner in the dugout at old CP when I was 2. Ever since then it was me and my great grampa at the park. Season tickets in my family going on 40 years.

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC I do agree with you there

Frank should play 1st and Paully should DH... Not Daubach

omfg.. did i see the word agree with me?????? holy s*** the world is gonna come down now...........hit the shelters............ :lol:

no its not the wall is like 4 feet high and it is like 300 to the pole in left...if u watched the sunday night game last night in boston joe morgan and jon miller said that this ballpark was a great place for left handed hitters...ted williams..if they hit a 315 foot fly ball in the outfield that is almost a guaraunteed double....

umm ok?

I guess you were analyzing stats at age 4 when you discovered a .290 hitter with 30 HRs was a bad year

Oh God no. I didn't learn abut stats until I was 5 or so. I did, however, know the starting lineup before my ABC's. ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
umm ok?

I guess you were analyzing stats at age 4 when you discovered a .290 hitter with 30 HRs was a bad year

Oh God no. I didn't learn abut stats until I was 5 or so. I did, however, know the starting lineup before my ABC's. ;)

i knew that and was keeping score at 3 and a half......plus i knew take me out to the ball game word for word.. does that account for something........ :huh:

johnny damon isnt a power hitter so of coarse he isnt gonna be pounding the ball out there to left... Daubach on the other hand could easily put that ball 300 feet over that joker of a fence..

Look at Mo Vaughn

He hasnt dont s*** since leavin Boston and I wouldnt blame it on injuries either, he doesnt have to poke the ball out to left to get a HR anymore.. Daubach is NOT a starter

no its not the wall is like 4 feet high and it is like 300 to the pole in left...if u watched the sunday night game last night in boston joe morgan and jon miller said that this ballpark was a great place for left handed hitters...ted williams..if they hit a 315 foot fly ball in the outfield that is almost a guaraunteed double....

Most balls are hit into the right center and left center. It is great if you can pull it right down the line, but that is very rare. If you go 10 feet left of the rightfield foul pole the fence is significantly deeper, and in right center its about 385-390. Daubach did a good job in Boston, and was a fan favorite.

Guest hotsoxchick1
johnny damon isnt a power hitter so of coarse he isnt gonna be pounding the ball out there to left... Daubach on the other hand could easily put that ball 300 feet over that joker of a fence..

Look at Mo Vaughn

He hasnt dont s*** since leavin Boston and I wouldnt blame it on injuries either, he doesnt have to poke the ball out to left to get a HR anymore.. Daubach is NOT a starter

mo vaughn hasnt done s*** since he had the same triceps injury frank had.... hes never bounced back from that..........

umm ok?

i knew that and was keeping score at 3 and a half......plus i knew take me out to the ball game word for word.. does that account for something........ :huh:

Yeah.. but my family didn't do "deals" at the park.. LOL

I did start keeping score about 5ish. I do have a score book signed around here by the '79 team.