7/21 - Sox/Braves

Heads22

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
The problem is...since they're both right handed, it'll be really tempting to over-play Phegley if those are the only 2 catching options.

Yep, and it's not like you can use Flowers against tough righties to help out Phegley.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
Yep, and it's not like you can use Flowers against tough righties to help out Phegley.

If we just throw caution to the wind and trade everyone away this year, I'd actually be interested in seeing whether we could develop something useful by using a rotation of Dunn, Flowers, and Wilkins at 1b. Flowers still has big power in his game that he isn't really showing right now at the rate he might be able to someday.

(Obviously that is not a roster set up to be competitive next year, but we might be able to get something out of those guys).

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
How they are in first I have no idea.

Every time I watch them they remind me of the Sox.

Homer or nothing...SOlid starting pitching....Skiddish D at times.

Sit around and compare those 2 lineups for a second and then realize that their current lineup is missing 2 outfielders. They're hitting the ball like crazy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 08:19 PM)
Sit around and compare those 2 lineups for a second and then realize that their current lineup is missing 2 outfielders. They're hitting the ball like crazy.

And their bullpen has been pretty awesome

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 08:25 PM)
What the hell is Flowers looking for??? 2-1 count and a fastball right down the middle and he just looks at it!! He has got to be the worst pitch guesser ever

Yep, he really does guess at the plate far too often. Nice to see the catcher complaining with the umpire though...not!

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
Now that Wells has done his one good thing this year lets get rid of him

He caught that one ball while sitting on his fannie earlier this year

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
The reason Wells isn't an everyday starter is due to his stance. It just seems to give him too many pitches he can't get the barrel to.

He's a guy, if we are to sell, I don't mind giving a lot of ABs to. I would prefer him over Jordan Danks because Casper has actually had some nice runs of hitting in the MLB

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
Wasn't that after he fell though? lol

pshhh...details details