7-22 GT- Tigers vs Sox

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 03:13 AM)
Honestly, he was doing a lot of those swings even during the hot streak - we didn't notice how little power he had while he was batting .400, but now that he's back down to earth it doesn't look pretty. He used to use that kind of cut occasionally, maybe against a tough pitcher or to break out of a slump, but we haven't seen him look hitterish in a long time now.

In your opinion, is he overcompensating too much for the loss of bat speed?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
Too bad we can trade posters who are still complaining about losses for some prospect posters.

All depends on the value we get back for some of them

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:14 PM)
In your opinion, is he overcompensating too much for the loss of bat speed?

Seems like the only thing that makes sense. He isn't stupid, he would have realized he needed to change his approach if approach was the issue.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
I can't wait for the trades to start coming so there's something real to talk about with the Sox. Speculation and bad baseball is old.

Man, I'm with you on that!

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 02:39 AM)
I can't wait for the trades to start coming so there's something real to talk about with the Sox. Speculation and bad baseball is old.

I like watching Phegley play still. No Beckham means one less player I'm interested in watching hit. Sounds like Beckham is headed back to the DL.

If Beckham goes to DL, we should call up Carlos Sanchez just for s***s and giggles. Who knows, maybe he catches fire. It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
If Beckham goes to DL, we should call up Carlos Sanchez just for s***s and giggles. Who knows, maybe he catches fire. It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he hits lol