Sox/Tigers 7/23 game thread

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 03:16 AM)
Viciedo was overhyped. All that stuff about bat speed, his numbers never lived up to it.

I don't even feel like his pitch recognition is that bad anymore. It just seems he can't make adjustments to how pitchers, especially RHP, are going to pitch to him. It sure seems like he hits a lot of bad pitches into the stands behind the 1st base dugout.

I'm happy for Dayan to get at least one more full season to work things out. He's still young and he's still super talented. No reason for this team to not continue making every effort to have him pan out.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 03:21 AM)
I'm happy for Dayan to get at least one more full season to work things out. He's still young and he's still super talented. No reason for this team to not continue making every effort to have him pan out.

Yep, and hopefully they keep him in LF. I'm not a fan of the idea of putting him at 1B.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 09:23 PM)
Yep, and hopefully they keep him in LF. I'm not a fan of the idea of putting him at 1B.

I agree with that too. I would not make him a 1B until I'm sure his bat is going to stick. If we had guys like Wilkins and Terdoslavich on next year's team, I wouldn't mind playing Dayan in RF...because why not? Magglio played there for years.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 03:51 AM)
Hawk mentioning the fans would understand trading a couple of guys and playing for 2015 pretty much makes it official what the plan is.

Yep, the bottom of the 7th was definitely "prepare the fan base for a rebuild" broadcasting by Hawk.