Recreation Ribbon 7/25

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:46 PM)
Too bad the alternative is the Indians

That's fine. They aren't close to a sustained winner, so them limping into the playoffs isn't something that bothers me

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:47 PM)
Diamondbacks President on MLBNetwork radio basically all but ruled out needing starting pitching(injured pitchers coming back/young help in minors)

I sure wouldn't believe any of that around this time of year

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
Diamondbacks President on MLBNetwork radio basically all but ruled out needing starting pitching(injured pitchers coming back/young help in minors)

Not surprising, and not upsetting. I think their prospects are overrated due to the PCL factor.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:48 PM)
I sure wouldn't believe any of that around this time of year

Oh I would especially when they have pitching coming back and in the minors. They really dont need to do anything except add bullpen help.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
Oh I would especially when they have pitching coming back and in the minors. They really dont need to do anything except add bullpen help.

lol? did something change between now and a week ago? there is a limit to everyone's interest, but what their management says on TV isn't going to affect the way I perceive the Peavy trade market

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:50 PM)
lol? did something change between now and a week ago? there is a limit to everyone's interest, but what their management says on TV isn't going to affect the way I perceive the Peavy trade market

I never perceived the Diamondbacks to be in the market for him. Not when they have guys coming back. No need to give up assets when you have free help coming.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:50 PM)
Eh, not necessarily but there are a myriad of posters/fans who have much less patience than myself. I didn't like his hiring to start with. His approach is to go up there hacking and that is not my cup of tea. There may be a correlation between his approach and our 14th in the AL OBP of .302.

There was one quote that made people think that. Our players are the correlation. We had a bad OBP before Manto and we still do now. Everything I've seen and heard from Manto, I like. I especially like that he is not a system teacher (ie, no lift and pull BS unless your skillset mandates such an approach)

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)

Corbin....Stud

Kennedy....PUKE

Miley....Really Shaky

Delgado....Big Time Question Mark

Skaggs....Is he ready?

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)
Corbin....Stud

Kennedy....PUKE

Miley....Really Shaky

Skaggs....Is he ready?

and they would probably have to give up quite a bit for Peavy. I doubt they are willing to do that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
Nice to see Rangers struggle offensively this week vs the Yankees.

They've been struggling for quite a bit now...only a matter of time before Cruz gets suspended.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)
Corbin....Stud

Kennedy....PUKE

Miley....Really Shaky

Skaggs....Is he ready?

McCarthy...?

Archie Bradley...up and comer is he ready either

Just because Towers is blowing smoke...I wouldn't etch it in stone. Like I said before...they need to move an OF also IMO (Kubel probably) since none of them are getting any sort of rhythm...