Recreation Ribbon 7/25

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol it's not like every inning Peavy is establishing more or less value, as a whole this start is showing that he is still Peavy. Competitive, 89-92 fastball, great control. Peavy is just being Peavy right now and I think that's what the scouts are going to tell their general managers.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:46 PM)
Peavy probably comes out for the 6th and Robin pulls him so he can get an ovation from the crowd at some point ? Or Robin ignores everything and treats it like a normal game ?

Why would Peavy deserve the going-away ovation?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
Peavy probably comes out for the 6th and Robin pulls him so he can get an ovation from the crowd at some point ? Or Robin ignores everything and treats it like a normal game ?

Normal game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
Why would Peavy deserve the going-away ovation?

I love that guy. I hope he gets it. His attitude and his play are exactly what I hope for from my White Sox

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
I love that guy. I hope he gets it. His attitude and his play are exactly what I hope for from my White Sox

He hasn't done anything worthy of a standing O. He had barely 1 good season for us, and that season didn't even get a playoff birth.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
People talk about his ERA being high, you throw out the game he tried to pitch with a broken rib and its about 3.50. You throw out the game before that when the Cubs lit him up and he may have been injured, it's under 3.00.

I was just thinking this. Good point

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
People talk about his ERA being high, you throw out the game he tried to pitch with a broken rib and its about 3.50. You throw out the game before that when the Cubs lit him up and he may have been injured, it's under 3.00.

It was broken in the Cub game, too. His velocity was sub-90 the entire game

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)
He hasn't done anything worthy of a standing O. He had barely 1 good season for us, and that season didn't even get a playoff birth.

Wow, seriously?

How about the f***ing injury he came back from and the way he busts his ass unlike 99% of the rest of the roster?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
Wow, seriously?

How about the f***ing injury he came back from and the way he busts his ass unlike 99% of the rest of the roster?

I agree. Peavy defintely deserves a standing ovation. I know he'll bring the most back in trade, and when that happens, I definitely will be sad to Peavy go.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 08:46 PM)
Lol it's not like every inning Peavy is establishing more or less value, as a whole this start is showing that he is still Peavy. Competitive, 89-92 fastball, great control. Peavy is just being Peavy right now and I think that's what the scouts are going to tell their general managers.

At this point, I don't think he can help his value

I've been as critical of Peavy as anyone, but he deserves a standing ovation. Took a hometown discount to remain around here with the hopes of winning the WS. When it became apparent this wasn't the year, he gladly stated he'd accept a trade.