Back and glad

I am back from my vacation to Chicago and Florida, I saw the sox beat anaheim which was cool, love the new additions to the Cell.

I was in Chicago when the power went out, so I missed all the excitement and I have to reset all my clocks...damn. :angry:

Anything exciting happen on the boards in the last 2 weeks?

Koch is still one of the best closers in the league and anyone who disagrees is stupid..

Other than that.. not too much.

Welcome back.

thankyou for the pleasant welcome...though I beg to differ on Koch

Koch is still one of the best closers in the league and anyone who disagrees is stupid..

Other than that.. not too much.

Welcome back.

thankyou for the pleasant welcome...though I beg to differ on Koch

Well duh!! ;)

And thanks for the meatloaf tip in the AC thread!

please don't tell us you misplaced your sense of humor while traveling...

other board events:

cubkilla wants JM named Manager of the Year

HSC is now dating KW

oldroman started an MB fan club

:lol: K gotta give ya that one CW, that was funny. :lol:

other board events:

HSC is now dating KW

LOL, I thought everything you said was funny, so the sense of humor is still there.

BTW, what do you think of Marlin Jackson, only a one game suspension, I feared worse. THis gives him one game to warm up before the clash against the irish.

I leave friday night for the opener

if you are driving to Comerica, be aware that parking costs are far more expensive than at USCF.

Come in off 75 and you can get within a few blocks for $25 parking. The area is very nice - Ford Field looks great - my grandson and I were running around the neighborhood last month when we went to Ford Field to see the Eminem concert. You may actually be able to park in a Comerica lot but getting out may not be the fastest thing in the world but then the crowds won't be that great. Don't be the typical Detroit sucks person - that area is coming nice, with the Fox (home of Michigan Opera theatre) right there - it is a great coming along neighborhood, and Ford Field will kick the s*** out of the remodeled Soldier Field in every way, including post game atmosphere.

I haven't seen the rest of downtown Detroit in a while but I like the way the Fox/Comerica/Ford area is coming, and I like it a lot.

I gave thought to seeing UM and the Sox both play on the same day as I did last year, but $$ prevents right now - also got my bill for possible playoff tickets today so something has to give.

As for Marlin, that went through the coirt system and found to be a relatively minor thing by the courts so who am I to argue. The word in the atty grapevine was that it was very minor and maybe not charged at all if Marlin isn't well known, so he probably got screwed for typical stupid juvenile male behavior.

Guest hotsoxchick1

other board events:

HSC is now dating KW

:o ... omg..... :nono more like hsc got arrested for 1st degree murder of kw.... ;) ahhh thats better...... :D

btw welcome back 1549.......hope you had a great time.....

if you are driving to Comerica, be aware that parking costs are far more expensive than at USCF.

Come in off 75 and you can get within a few blocks for $25 parking.  The area is very nice - Ford Field looks great - my grandson and I were running around the neighborhood last month when we went to Ford Field to see the Eminem concert.  You may actually be able to park in a Comerica lot but getting out may not be the fastest thing in the world but then the crowds won't be that great.  Don't be the typical Detroit sucks person - that area is coming nice, with the Fox (home of Michigan Opera theatre) right there - it is a great coming along neighborhood, and Ford Field will kick the s*** out of the remodeled Soldier Field in every way, including post game atmosphere. 

I haven't seen the rest of downtown Detroit in a while but I like the way the Fox/Comerica/Ford area is coming, and I like it a lot.

I gave thought to seeing UM and the Sox both play on the same day as I did last year, but $$ prevents right now - also got my bill for possible playoff tickets today so something has to give.

As for Marlin, that went through the coirt system and found to be a relatively minor thing by the courts so who am I to argue.  The word in the atty grapevine was that it was very minor and maybe not charged at all if Marlin isn't well known, so he probably got screwed for typical stupid juvenile male behavior.

Thanks for the Tips CW, last time I went to a tigers game, a bum tried to sell me an empty sprite bottle...that was a tough sell...I gave him 50 cents and he kept the bottles.

That area is nice by the stadiums, but I have cousins who live in the suburbs of Detroit and they will only go into Detroit for sporting events. I know they are hoping for an urban renewal based on these sports complexes, but they will have to do something like Baltimore did, creating not just a sports area, but turning warehouse areas into trendy neighborhoods and such. My brother joked that to turn a city around you just need to bring in an army of gay guys, and they will do the rest.