Sox/Royals

Heads22

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 12:08 PM)
Dunn hasn't homered since the All Star break. I wonder why the Sox suddenly have no power. Sox are really defenseless unless the pitcher hurls a shutout and we don't get many of those either.

Everybody's laying off the drugs :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)
Do you think Hector is learning how to pitch this year? He has good stuff sometimes and good stretches, then lousy innings like this one as early as the 4th inning?

Yes. I very much think Hector is learning how to pitch. He's the standard young pitcher, nibbling too much rather than going after guys. When he gets in trouble he gets Coop and Flowers saying "Just throw something!" and then snaps it back together.

He also has to deal with the Sox never stretching him out in the spring and jerking him back and forth to the pen, which also kept him from having a great chance to develop the offspeed pitches.

I wonder if Jerry Reinsdorf even cares how bad a team he owns. I wonder what he does on a Sunday afternoon. Cottage on the lake? Or does he go to the games?

Gotta give KC credit for pulling off the sweep for first time since 1999 in the Cell (unless somehow we come back and win).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
I wonder if Jerry Reinsdorf even cares how bad a team he owns. I wonder what he does on a Sunday afternoon. Cottage on the lake? Or does he go to the games?

Gotta give KC credit for pulling off the sweep for first time since 1999 in the Cell (unless somehow we come back and win).

Oh Greg...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
Dunn hasn't homered since the All Star break. I wonder why the Sox suddenly have no power. Sox are really defenseless unless the pitcher hurls a shutout and we don't get many of those either.

Jinx

Three hits off Chen in six innings. Is about right. Surprised they got two runs. Not bad off Chen.

Now the Royals' other bad pitcher is in, Hochevar.

Why would Robin let Viciedo hit 3-0? Not too smart.

Seriously, though.

Viciedo swinging 3-0? How bout take one pitch when you have one hit total since the first inning?? Then at 3-1 maybe he can try to get hold of one. Everybody is failing offensively this year, including Mr. Ventura.

I've had enough. Got to go to a function. Love ya White Sox.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:05 PM)
Seriously, though.

Viciedo swinging 3-0? How bout take one pitch when you have one hit total since the first inning?? Then at 3-1 maybe he can try to get hold of one. Everybody is failing offensively this year, including Mr. Ventura.

I've had enough. Got to go to a function. Love ya White Sox.

This team is continually making fundamental mistakes. I don't think this team is capable of winning a World Series, but I think with capable leadership we could be a .500 ballclub. Robin Ventura and the rest of the staff (excluding Don Cooper) have made their share of fundamental mistakes and have not prevented the players from doing their share. With proper coaching, we should be buyers instead of sellers in the coming week and I hope Reinsdorf, Hahn, and company see right and bring in a new coaching staff after this season.