Rienzo Called Up, Tekotte down

Y2Jimmy0

I noticed Rienzo was throwing in the low 90's last night. Is he the same guy who a couple years ago was a relief pitcher and reportedly throwing in the upper 90's, even 100, or am I thinking of someone else?

I know MPH isn't the biggest deal but that seems like a significant drop in velocity. Or is he just throwing with less MPH because he's now a starter?.

Edited by Lemon_44

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
I noticed Rienzo was throwing in the low 90's last night. Is he the same guy who a couple years ago was a relief pitcher and reportedly throwing in the upper 90's, even 100, or am I thinking of someone else?

I know MPH isn't the biggest deal but that seems like a significant drop in velocity. Or is he just throwing with less MPH because he's now a starter?.

No, I caught him in his first game in AA and "Low 90's" seems perfect. I think he might have popped as high as 93 in that game but he was definitely low 90's.

The guy I saw last year who was able to hit upper 90's was Simon Castro. I have zero idea what happened to his fastball.

The guy who hit 100 was Daniel Webb.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 10:22 AM)
No, I caught him in his first game in AA and "Low 90's" seems perfect. I think he might have popped as high as 93 in that game but he was definitely low 90's.

The guy I saw last year who was able to hit upper 90's was Simon Castro. I have zero idea what happened to his fastball.

The guy who hit 100 was Daniel Webb.

Thanks.

It just hit me. The guy I was thinking about was Infante.