OJ Simpson

greg775

Question for Badger and whomever:

Do you think OJ is rotting in a Vegas area jail cell because we (society, jurors out there, etc) know he committed murder and we're making him pay via his second crime?

Seriously ... did he do something bad enough to get this long sentence? All he did was go in a hotel room with some other guys and threaten some guys who took his stuff. I believe there was a gun in the room, but if I'm not mistaken, not even that has been proven as fact. OJ didn't even hit any of the guys with his fists. I believe he went to the hotel room drunk after a wedding and was bossing people around, but nothing happened. I don't even think the incident was that long to where it terrified any of the victims. I'm sure there are zillions of weekend crimes in Vegas involving this type of bullying or whatever you want to call it.

I was appalled by OJ's speech to the parole board. It was all about how great he has been in prison and it was patting himself on the back type s***. But is this a case of our country saying, "Ha Ha, OJ. You killed 2 people and we all know it and you are rotting because of that with this trumped-up case involving your memorabelia?"

Edited by greg775

No real idea, never followed the subsequent case. Im honestly not a big fan of civil suits that are basically pseudo criminal cases.

Preponderance of the evidence is a stupid standard when it comes to whether or not someone committed a murder.

In short free OJ. Or dont free him, I dont really know or care. But I think that someones personal memorabilia should not be able to be turned over in a citation proceeding.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:02 PM)
No real idea, never followed the subsequent case. Im honestly not a big fan of civil suits that are basically pseudo criminal cases.

Preponderance of the evidence is a stupid standard when it comes to whether or not someone committed a murder.

In short free OJ. Or dont free him, I dont really know or care. But I think that someones personal memorabilia should not be able to be turned over in a citation proceeding.

In theory, does society ever do the "gotcha now?" Nail the person the second time around even when the second case is pretty petty?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 05:05 PM)
In theory, does society ever do the "gotcha now?" Nail the person the second time around even when the second case is pretty petty?

Id venture to guess that certain individuals do exact their own "justice" if they perceive there to be some sort of injustice.

But that is just how people are.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 04:55 PM)

Do you think OJ is rotting in a Vegas area jail cell because we (society, jurors out there, etc) know he committed murder and we're making him pay via his second crime?

Seriously ... did he do something bad enough to get this long sentence? All he did was go in a hotel room with some other guys and threaten some guys who took his stuff. I believe there was a gun in the room, but if I'm not mistaken, not even that has been proven as fact. OJ didn't even hit any of the guys with his fists. I believe he went to the hotel room drunk after a wedding and was bossing people around, but nothing happened. I don't even think the incident was that long to where it terrified any of the victims. I'm sure there are zillions of weekend crimes in Vegas involving this type of bullying or whatever you want to call it.

I was appalled by OJ's speech to the parole board. It was all about how great he has been in prison and it was patting himself on the back type s***. But is this a case of our country saying, "Ha Ha, OJ. You killed 2 people and we all know it and you are rotting because of that with this trumped-up case involving your memorabelia?"

He did more than just enter a hotel room with a gun. There were kidnapping and conspiracy charges as well. That said, 33 years is ridiculous for a non-death crime.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Yes, I absolutely think he was set up for his second crime, but at the same time, he still had to choose to follow through with it.