Will Any Team Claim These Guys?

Marty34

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 05:51 PM)
Danks, Rios, Ramirez, Dunn, and Keppinger? Would be nice payroll relief.

I'd like to see an infield the last 2 months of 1B Wilkins, 2B Gillaspie, SS Beckham, 3B Morel to see if anything is salvagable.

Great post, sadly think Rios is an off season trade... DFA Dunn please ;-) (not gonna happen)

I'd like to see an infield the last 2 months of 1B Wilkins, 2B Gillaspie, SS Beckham, 3B Morel to see if anything is salvagable.

Keppinger, Ramirez, and Danks almost 100% will get claimed.

Dunn is likely to get claimed, Rios is unlikely to get claimed.

Konerko also probably doesn't get claimed.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 06:10 PM)

I agree with this except maybe with Konerko. Whether he gets put on waivers or not is if he says he'll approve going somewhere. If not I'm kind of thinking they won't just out of respect. I could be way off on this....

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 05:51 PM)

Dunn, Rios and Ramirez will get claimed.

I think teams are hoping we'll give them away for basically shared salary and a marginal prospect.

Keppinger could get claimed; if we eat more salary and take an organizational minor leaguer it could stick.

Which Danks? Both would be claimed. The younger is at minimum salary - someone will take a flier. We should keep him for this year anyway - better he than Wise. The Elder would have to be worked out like Rios et al.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 06:10 PM)

If that's the case it would behoove the Sox to not pull them back.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 06:17 PM)

I think teams are hoping we'll give them away for basically shared salary and a marginal prospect.

I think if anyone offered even a marginal prospect these guys would have been gone today.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 06:17 PM)

Keppinger could get claimed; if we eat more salary and take an organizational minor leaguer it could stick.

Which Danks? Both would be claimed. The younger is at minimum salary - someone will take a flier. We should keep him for this year anyway - better he than Wise. The Elder would have to be worked out like Rios et al.

Shared salary and a marginal prospect? If the Sox were OK with that, if they were claimed, they would just let the claiming team take on the entire contracts. Why pay for marginal prospects?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 06:23 PM)
Shared salary and a marginal prospect? If the Sox were OK with that, if they were claimed, they would just let the claiming team take on the entire contracts. Why pay for marginal prospects?

Well I was thinking that we had a handshake agreement before the claim that we'd work out a deal with them on salary relief if they did claim them, then they would claim them. Maybe you can't do that.

But if they can't do that, I'd say none except for perhaps Danks the younger and that doesn't matter anyway.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)
Kenny Williams thinks Adam Dunn has value.

We need another team to hire Williams.

Adam has value and actually has been really good the last couple of months. The problem is his value isn't as high as his salary. If he put 6 months together like the last 2 he would be worth it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 06:49 PM)
Adam has value and actually has been really good the last couple of months. The problem is his value isn't as high as his salary. If he put 6 months together like the last 2 he would be worth it.

I would just go into next season with Dunn. He's going to hit 40 homers this year. There's a chance that Dunn has a ton of homers in the 1st half next year and they will be able to get something for him at next year's deadline. I don't think Rios is on next year's team though.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 06:49 PM)

Can you imagine what Adam Dunn would fetch with an expiring contract? It'd make it worth your while