Will Any Team Claim These Guys?

Marty34

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)
Yep, that might be our best bet of adding an impact bat for next season.

I agree.

I dont think there is any reason to dump contracts for no return, its not like the org is strapped for cash and replacing those players production in free agency isn't going to provide any real savings and will probably be more expensive.

It is a good time for the Sox to start throwing waiver claims out with the money freed up in the Peavy deal.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
I agree.

I dont think there is any reason to dump contracts for no return, its not like the org is strapped for cash and replacing those players production in free agency isn't going to provide any real savings and will probably be more expensive.

It is a good time for the Sox to start throwing waiver claims out with the money freed up in the Peavy deal.

Cause let's face it, Hahn's explanation for how they're going to use the savings is a bunch of BS given the new spending caps on amateur players.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
Cause let's face it, Hahn's explanation for how they're going to use the savings is a bunch of BS given the new spending caps on amateur players.

But that won't stop people from declaring how great of an idea it is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)
But that won't stop people from declaring how great of an idea it is.

Well...technically they will spend more then this past year (both internationally and via the draft), but that is purely due to how s***ty they have been so they will have larger allotments. But it would be ignorant to think they are going to spend an extra 20 million on the international front (JR never violates any rule...even though we technically could and just deal with the penalty a year from now..however that might not be that smart since we likely will be a poor team again next year...its smarter to violate the rules when you are good and then just take the every other year ban on international spending). It would also be ignorant to think they are going to reinvest it and go crazy in FA (I do agree with you, they will likely look at extending some players and using the cash that way). However, a large chunk is going to go straight into the bankrolls of the White Sox (some of which will be off-set by the reduction in revenues driven by poor attendance) and you just have to hope the White Sox reinvest those funds and go a little extra when this team is ready to compete. You also hope they don't go on the total cheap as they would be smart to add some quality veterans who could either help them be competitive (and then if you aren't, you can move those assets at the deadline while your young players continue to develop).