Danks and the waiver wire

Buehrle>Wood

42 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
If some team inexplicably claims Danks, and the option is to dump him for nothing at all outside of complete salary relief, do you do it? My pipedream thread.

100% absolutely yes. It will not happen though. And I think Danks will come back and be a good pitcher and pitch at a level consistent with what he makes going forward, however, I don't see him outperforming the contract and given the fact we have three lefties, I'd again take the cash because I think it could be better invested.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 04:16 AM)
Im sure Axelrod will still be here and what about Snodgress?

Or we can just sign a long reliever that can fill in

Big Hurt, Axelrod better not be here. He really is not a big-league talent. Back to Indy League. He was a success story for a bit but my gosh, he can't cut it. His stuff is just no good IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 01:25 AM)
Big Hurt, Axelrod better not be here. He really is not a big-league talent. Back to Indy League. He was a success story for a bit but my gosh, he can't cut it. His stuff is just no good IMO.

Well he will be around somewhere if we REALLY need someone to pitch lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 10:23 PM)
Next year should absolutely be a throw away year, considering it's hard to imagine the Sox going on a FA spending spree like the Red Sox did.

Then there needs to be another 1 or 2 starters ready for for 2015, more if one of the current ones doesn't pan out or gets injured. I don't necessarily disagree but I don't like giving away good, proven pitching, especially for nothing.

I doubt that Danks gets claimed. Even if he does I wouldn't let him go for nothing. He's pitching way better than his record and ERA show. His WHIP is very good. Compared to what pitchers are getting on the open market, Danks' contract is not as bad as people make it out to be. I would bet money that next year he will be back to the old John Danks with an ERA in the mid 3s.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 08:31 AM)
I doubt that Danks gets claimed. Even if he does I wouldn't let him go for nothing. He's pitching way better than his record and ERA show. His WHIP is very good. Compared to what pitchers are getting on the open market, Danks' contract is not as bad as people make it out to be. I would bet money that next year he will be back to the old John Danks with an ERA in the mid 3s.

I would call that the rare Danks. He's overrated.