ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 09:23 PM)
Dempster throws at A-Rod.

A-Rod counters by smacking his fastball 425 feet to dead center. I hate A-Rod as much as the next guy but boy was that something to watch.

It was a massive blast. And it started a big Yankee rally

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
Dempster just made himself a lot of fans tonight

I'm not sure what took so long for a player to do this. I really lost a lot of respect for Robin Ventura when we had none of our pitchers take this action during ARods return series. Just bean the bum with a 95+ mph fastball at least once per game and he'll disappear from the sport soon enough.

Players in the "golden era" of the sport had a way of self police-ing each other and the game has seemed to lose that over the years.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
I'm not sure what took so long for a player to do this. I really lost a lot of respect for Robin Ventura when we had none of our pitchers take this action during ARods return series. Just bean the bum with a 95+ mph fastball at least once per game and he'll disappear from the sport soon enough.

Players in the "golden era" of the sport had a way of self police-ing each other and the game has seemed to lose that over the years.

I'd be more persuaded by this if the Red Sox didn't have cheaters on their team when they won their WS championships and PED users weren't incredibly prevalent.

What is the point to beaning him? You are so tough you stand up for all of them? He didn't do anything to the sox to deserve getting beaned. Fans booed him, it was a circus, move on.

Dempster is a dumbass and I'm glad he is on the hook for this game.

I think it was s***ty all away around.

1. Dempster should never had the chance to hit A-Rod after the first pitch. Everyone knows the situation so a warning should have been sent after the first ball behind him. But to take 4 pitches to hit him is pretty weak.

2. And another case of horrible umpiring. Girardi was 100% correct in his argument. Still amazing how bad some umpires handle these situations.

3. Love the hypocrisy of these veterans talking s***. Some probably did PEDs and others werent saying a thing when they knew teammates were doing so. And for Red Sox fans to be railing A-Rod is funny when half that 2004 team was probably juiced to the gills.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)

...and this would prove what? That A-Rod is the biggest named cheater since Bonds in a league full of cheaters?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
I'd be more persuaded by this if the Red Sox didn't have cheaters on their team when they won their WS championships and PED users weren't incredibly prevalent.

This. Half the people in baseball criticizing A-Rod have gained something from PEDs, direct or indirectly.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 09:34 PM)
The rest of the report from Olney says Braun was calling other players in 2012 asking for their support and saying he had evidence that the collector was an anti Semite.

would be very damning if true. Unless a few other players come out and say that happened, he'll just claim it didnt. (which he already has)

I actually find Ryan Braun more detestable than A-Rod. Bruan is a steaming pile of malicious s***. A-Rod is a blundering, blustering narcissist, trapped by his own neurosis. Neither is particularly sympathetic but at least A-Rod's s***tiness can be viewed on the surface, Braun is rotten to the core but hides behind those big doe eyes. f***er.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 11:41 PM)
I actually find Ryan Braun more detestable than A-Rod. Bruan is a steaming pile of malicious s***. A-Rod is a blundering, blustering narcissist, trapped by his own neurosis. Neither is particularly sympathetic but at least A-Rod's s***tiness can be viewed on the surface, Braun is rotten to the core but hides behind those big doe eyes. f***er.

THIS.

THIS 1000 TIMES.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 09:25 PM)
It's ironic that Red Sox fans are jeering a PED user.

Yes, but those are Boston fans.

Yankees maybe the Evil Empire but they are never as bush league or as hypocritical as the Red Sox and their fans.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 11:20 PM)
What is the point to beaning him? You are so tough you stand up for all of them? He didn't do anything to the sox to deserve getting beaned. Fans booed him, it was a circus, move on.

Dempster is a dumbass and I'm glad he is on the hook for this game.

I think having his camp publicly declare war on one of MLB's great, well-run franchises, with the stuff his camp said yesterday, is pretty good motivation.

ARod's s*** stinks so much that he has me being complimentary to the Yankees.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 12:41 AM)

I agree with this completely. Ryan Braun should be looked at in a worse manner than A-Rod is.

I'm also on board with Dempster being way out of line last night. I usually feel Girardi is an arrogant blow hard but I completely agree with him about last night. How Dempster stayed in the game is beyond me. I actually was rooting for A-Rod right before he hit that HR.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 07:41 AM)
I think having his camp publicly declare war on one of MLB's great, well-run franchises, with the stuff his camp said yesterday, is pretty good motivation.

ARod's s*** stinks so much that he has me being complimentary to the Yankees.

f*** that. Clemens and Pettitte were juicing back when they were winning 20 games like it was no big deal, the Yankees have had Arod on the payroll while he has been juicing. And there are probably more juicers on those championship teams too.

Dont give me this "great, well run"bulls***. They knew. And they went and signed ARod to a SECOND 300 million dollar contract

ARods day will come, I dont need Dempster acting like he is the morality police.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
f*** that. Clemens and Pettitte were juicing back when they were winning 20 games like it was no big deal, the Yankees have had Arod on the payroll while he has been juicing. And there are probably more juicers on those championship teams too.

Dont give me this "great, well run"bulls***. They knew. And they went and signed ARod to a SECOND 300 million dollar contract

ARods day will come, I dont need Dempster acting like he is the morality police.

When did any of those guys accuse the Yankees of trying to hurt them to save money?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 11:41 PM)

This last revelation of trying to sell antisemitism is amazing low. Just amazingly bad.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 08:59 AM)
When did any of those guys accuse the Yankees of trying to hurt them to save money?

Who cares? Nobody is the good guy here, I have no pity for either party.

And it is no secret that the Yankees want this contract voided, so lets not pretend like Arods fib is completely unfounded.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
Who cares? Nobody is the good guy here, I have no pity for either party.

And it is no secret that the Yankees want this contract voided, so lets not pretend like Arods fib is completely unfounded.

And it's not like the Yankees don't have a history of messing with players. See Winfield, Dave and Steinnbrenner, George.

I'm sure ARod is nowhere near as innocent as he and his lawyers claim. I'm also sure Levine isn't as innocent as he claims. The truth, as is the case most of the time, is somewhere in the middle.

I also agree with those that say Braun is much worse. What he did to that sample taker is about as low as it goes. Apologizing now is just spin and doesn't cut it IMO. The only thing he is sorry for is being caught.

Edited by Dick Allen