ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 20, 2013 -> 02:11 PM)
Dempster suspended for 5 games

He had a personal vendetta against A-Rod. If you're gonna hit somebody, hit him on the first pitch. Don't go throw 3 pitches behind him and then hit him on 3-0.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 20, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)
Unless they took into account that it was ARod he was throwing at, and not someone else, that is a joke.

Even better. He will miss zero time, and it won't hurt his team at all.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 25m

Girardi won't be happy with the length of Dempster's 5-game suspension since the #Redsox have off-days Thursday and Monday. #Yankees.

Here's something I don't understand, people do things in games that get them ejected all the time but not suspended. Dempster does something that gets him suspended but not ejected. I think the umpire needs to be held accountable as well. They had to suspend him, and starting pitcher's suspensions usually are a joke.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)
Here's something I don't understand, people do things in games that get them ejected all the time but not suspended. Dempster does something that gets him suspended but not ejected. I think the umpire needs to be held accountable as well. They had to suspend him, and starting pitcher's suspensions usually are a joke.

Just to note...MLB may discipline or advise or issue statements to umpires but they do not make umpire disciplines public knowledge.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2013 -> 02:41 PM)
Just to note...MLB may discipline or advise or issue statements to umpires but they do not make umpire disciplines public knowledge.

And rightly so. There are enough forces out there that make fans doubt umpires. Might as well not add fuel to the fire.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 06:30 PM)
Ryan Braun releases a statement.

http://brewersbeat.mlblogs.com/2013/08/22/...sues-statement/

Yeah just for a short time in 2011 he used cream and a lozenge he shouldn't have used, and took it out on the sample keeper because he didn't want to believe he was cheating. Man up Braun. Another weak apology attempt. Your former best friend claims you have been juicing since college.

Albert Belle was/is an asshole. At least he didn't try to hide it. Phonies like Braun who still can't admit what everyone else knows, are the types of people everyone should stay far away.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 06:41 PM)
Yeah just for a short time in 2011 he used cream and a lozenge he shouldn't have used, and took it out on the sample keeper because he didn't want to believe he was cheating. Man up Braun. Another weak apology attempt. Your former best friend claims you have been juicing since college.

Albert Belle was/is an asshole. At least he didn't try to hide it. Phonies like Braun who still can't admit what everyone else knows, are the types of people everyone should stay far away.

Braun just a pure POS, still plays the victim.

• 1 month later...

MLB NATION ‏@MLB_Nation 32m

A-Rod sues MLB for “buying the cooperation” of Dr. Bosch - MLB Nation http://www.themlbnation.com/2013/10/04/rod...ation-dr-bosch/

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 26m

MLB fights back on A-Rod suit: It is nothing more than a desperate attempt to circumvent the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Oh, and #MLB also says that A-Rod used testosterone and HGH

I am by no means a supporter of A-Rod, but his suit does call out Uncle Bud for turning a blind eye towards PEDs due to $$, which I 100% agree with and with his retirement announcement I think that was way underplayed.

It's probably underplayed because the media basically whiffed on it too. It was obvious something was going on, people were talking about it, and for the most part, the main-stream media just completely ignored it.

And yes, my friends and I joked about it all the time how juiced the guys were during the mid to late 90's, so I'm not just a johnny come lately or hindsight is 20/20 guy. Anyone who had any familiarity with fitness knew that the gains those guys were getting, either in the short time period, at that age or a combination of both were basically impossible without PEDs.

Edited by SoxFan562004

The problem with this "process" is that ARod is the only one with the crazy money needed to hire a legal dream team and potentially gum up the works enough to remain on the playing field and collect his money. The crazy money was made LARGELY THROUGH CHEATING.

Therefore, Bud needs to go KMLandis rogue and ban him for life, outright, with no process or appeal. Period. Done.

He's retiring in 14 months - he can take the heat. He DOES have these dictatorial powers as commissioner from what I understand.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 12:39 PM)
The problem with this "process" is that ARod is the only one with the crazy money needed to hire a legal dream team and potentially gum up the works enough to remain on the playing field and collect his money. The crazy money was made LARGELY THROUGH CHEATING.

Therefore, Bud needs to go KMLandis rogue and ban him for life, outright, with no process or appeal. Period. Done.

He's retiring in 14 months - he can take the heat. He DOES have these dictatorial powers as commissioner from what I understand.

Ryan Braun could easily afford ARod's legal bills. So could the majority of major leaguers. That's a non issue.

And while Bud may be able to take the heat, banning ARod without appeal is impossible as well, as ARod is part of a union with a collectively bargained contract.

ARod might be a jerk, he may have been cheating for years, but it does seem his punishment is far more severe than everyone else's. As the old saying goes, listen to ARod's take, listen to MLB's take, the truth is somewhere in the middle. There, more likely than not, is some embarrassment on both sides if the entire truth ever gets out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long NYT piece worth your time.

A trainer for Alex Rodriguez was shopping in Times Square with his wife and three young children one recent Saturday when he was followed into Toys “R” Us. A man working on behalf of Major League Baseball approached and handed him some paperwork. It was a subpoena to testify against Mr. Rodriguez.

Investigators working for Mr. Rodriguez, meanwhile, had a target of their own. They had received a tip that Robert D. Manfred, the league’s second-in-command behind Commissioner Bud Selig, had apparently been speaking indiscreetly about Mr. Rodriguez during a round of golf at Manhattan Woods Golf Club in West Nyack, N.Y. Enticed by the lead, Mr. Rodriguez’s investigators tracked down a caddie to learn what Mr. Manfred had said.

In the nine months since Mr. Rodriguez and more than a dozen other players were linked to a South Florida anti-aging clinic that is believed to have distributed banned substances to professional athletes, baseball officials and the Yankee third baseman have engaged in a cloak-and-dagger struggle surpassing anything the sport has seen. The extraordinary investigative tactics, playing out in multiple locations, reflect Major League Baseball’s resolve to prove one of its stars cheated, and that player’s determination to discredit baseball officials.

Witnesses for both sides in the pending arbitration proceedings claim to have been harassed and threatened. Some were paid tens of thousands of dollars for their cooperation. One said she became intimately involved with an investigator on the case. And some witness accounts have shifted, leaving each side scrambling to defend the sometimes inconsistent stories provided by former employees and associates of the now-defunct clinic, Biogenesis of America.

While it is not clear whether M.L.B. has used it as evidence during the proceeding, Mr. Rodriguez tested positive for a banned stimulant in 2006, according to two people involved with baseball’s collectively bargained drug-testing program. He was not publicly identified for the positive test because players face suspensions for prohibited stimulants only if they test positive more than once.