ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
Rangers Press Release

8/5/2013 3:22 P.M. ET

Statement from Nelson Cruz

I have been notified by the Commissioner of Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I have decided to accept this suspension and not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal. From November, 2011 to January, 2012, I was seriously ill with a gastrointestinal infection, helicobacter pylori, which went undiagnosed for over a month. By the time I was properly diagnosed and treated, I had lost 40 pounds. Just weeks before I was to report to spring training in 2012, I was unsure whether I would be physically able to play. Faced with this situation, I made an error in judgment that I deeply regret, and I accept full responsibility for that error. I should have handled the situation differently, and my illness was no excuse. I am thankful for the unwavering support of my

family, friends, and teammates during this difficult time. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Rangers organization, my teammates, and the great Rangers' fans, and I am grateful for the opportunity to rejoin the team for the playoffs.

Go f*** him and his bulls***.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
What ARod supposedly did was far more serious than what Melky did. I don't think that comparison is going to buy Arod anything.

It was interferring with the investigation. It isn't worth quadruple time. This entire suspension is to appease the Yankees for one, and to make him an example. No one could really think if ARod was working off a contract similar to Peralta or Cruz that his punishment would be more than 4 times what everyone elses is besides Braun who no so coincidentally has a huge contract himself..

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
One name I would bet money on being juiced played with Frank for a long time.

I always "wondered" about Jose Valentin. He was jacked.

Without being completely homoerotic... I remember seeing a locker room interview with some Sox player and Ozuna was in the back ground without a shirt on. He was jacked up too. Even before the positive test(s).

Edited by Jillian Michaels' Abs

Good job idiot...

Keith Olbermann ‏@KeithOlbermann 4m

No truth to rumors #Yankees are offering #WhiteSox pitcher Luis Quintana cash to dust Alex Rodriguez in 1st AB tonight... (I think)

Also no truth to rumors #HickoryHuskers is offering #Anybody cash to dust Keith Olbermann.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
Good job idiot...

No truth to rumors #Yankees are offering #WhiteSox pitcher Luis Quintana cash to dust Alex Rodriguez in 1st AB tonight... (I think)

Which Luis Quintana? This one? Or This one? Or maybe this one? Gotta be the last one, right?

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
I always "wondered" about Jose Valentin. He was jacked.

Without being completely homoerotic... I remember seeing a locker room interview with some Sox player and Ozuna was in the back ground without a shirt on. He was jacked up too. Even before the positive test(s).

2 White Sox legends who both posted .919 OPS when they were 40 years old, over .100 points higher than their career totals were Baines and Fisk. If they were associated with other teams, I think they would be guys Sox fans would suspect.

Jeff Passan@JeffPassan 6m MLBPA chief Michael Weiner says he doesn't see decision on A-Rod appeal until after the 2013 season ends. Likely November or December.

Weiner: “What I think they’re doing inappropriate is imposing a penalty that is way too harsh. We’ve never had a 200-plus penalty ...on a player who may have used drugs. Among other things, I think that’s way out of line.”

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
Good job idiot...

Considering Jose Quintana was once suspended for PEDs .

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
How long have the current MLB testing standards been in effect? Having an argument right now with someone who likes to pretend they are the same as they've always been.

The current testing regime was just adopted in the last CBA, and I am not sure how long it has actually been in operation.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
How long have the current MLB testing standards been in effect? Having an argument right now with someone who likes to pretend they are the same as they've always been.

The 50/100/life penalties have been in effect for a long time (2006 I think) but MLB was supposed to just begin blood testing and HGH testing this year. Prior to this year they've only been doing urine tests, which can catch the occasional idiot like Ryan Braun but are much easier to mask and cannot be tested for HGH.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
The 50/100/life penalties have been in effect for a long time (2006 I think) but MLB was supposed to just begin blood testing and HGH testing this year. Prior to this year they've only been doing urine tests, which can catch the occasional idiot like Ryan Braun but are much easier to mask and cannot be tested for HGH.

That's what I thought. They also test for synthetic testosterone. Pretty sure the NFL only does urine tests, which only catches people who are sloppy, and the NBA's is a total joke.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
The current testing regime was just adopted in the last CBA, and I am not sure how long it has actually been in operation.

I think it's been around since 2003 in some way shape or form, but it's only been strong enough to be effective starting this year.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 02:23 PM)
That's what I thought. They also test for synthetic testosterone. Pretty sure the NFL only does urine tests, which only catches people who are sloppy, and the NBA's is a total joke.

And a ton of guys STILL get caught in the NFL

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
I think it's been around since 2003 in some way shape or form, but it's only been strong enough to be effective starting this year.

Yeah, but this past CBA really ramped up what they can catch versus what it was when they started.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
Yeah, but this past CBA really ramped up what they can catch versus what it was when they started.

NFL fans at large are pretty much in denial about PEDs in the NFL and I'm getting really tired of them s***ting on MLB for all the cheaters. Did MLB turn a blind eye towards PED use for 10 years and pretend they didn't have a widespread problem? Absolutely. But the NFL is doing that RIGHT NOW.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 02:34 PM)
NFL fans at large are pretty much in denial about PEDs in the NFL and I'm getting really tired of them s***ting on MLB for all the cheaters. Did MLB turn a blind eye towards PED use for 10 years and pretend they didn't have a widespread problem? Absolutely. But the NFL is doing that RIGHT NOW.

The NFL has been doing it since the 70's.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
Yeah, and we wonder why head trauma has gotten so much worse in the last 20 years. HELLOOOOO?

Really, you think it's gotten worse? I think it's just gotten recognized. 20 years ago a guy with a concussion gets sent back out to play unless he's a QB.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 02:34 PM)

I just don't think the NFL fans care that much. If it wasn't for the sacred home run record in baseball, fans wouldn't have been as upset either. If suddenly NFL QBs started throwing the ball 95 yards or running 3.95 40s, people might raise an eyebrow. Otherwise, you don't notice the clean or dirty guys, just still a bunch of large men hitting each other, PEDs don't affect their viewing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:47 PM)
I just don't think the NFL fans care that much. If it wasn't for the sacred home run record in baseball, fans wouldn't have been as upset either. If suddenly NFL QBs started throwing the ball 95 yards or running 3.95 40s, people might raise an eyebrow. Otherwise, you don't notice the clean or dirty guys, just still a bunch of large men hitting each other, PEDs don't affect their viewing.

I think that's all well and good, but with that attitude they've got no business throwing rocks at MLB for what they're doing.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
I think that's all well and good, but with that attitude they've got no business throwing rocks at MLB for what they're doing.

I didn't see or hear the people going after MLB, but you can bet that if Adrian Peterson or Aaron Rodgers were ever busted for PEDs, the NFL fans would be signing a different tune as well.