ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to repackage all this bulls*** into non-10,000 word form.

From what I have seen and read, I don't really give a s*** what they do to A-Rod and what they do to do it. It is clear to me that the MLB is having to take certain measures just to combat the measures A-Rod will take to save his own ass. Fighting a little fire with fire. People do need to know that no, there isn't an amount of money you can make and thus pay away witnesses and whatever else.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 04:58 PM)
Someone needs to repackage all this bulls*** into non-10,000 word form.

From what I have seen and read, I don't really give a s*** what they do to A-Rod and what they do to do it. It is clear to me that the MLB is having to take certain measures just to combat the measures A-Rod will take to save his own ass. Fighting a little fire with fire. People do need to know that no, there isn't an amount of money you can make and thus pay away witnesses and whatever else.

Thank you. f*** A-Rod to the fullest. The guy is a multi-time user and deserves NO sympathy whatsoever.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)
Can I think that MLB is being very disingenuous in this process and yet at the same time believe that A-Rod deserves every bit of the punishment he's getting?

Let me ask you this in reply...can you make a strong case for why you believe MLB is being disingenuous?

Let me ask you this in reply...can you make a strong case for why you believe MLB is being disingenuous?

Maybe disingenuous is the wrong word to use, but making their case on the back of buying information from somebody who didn't have the right to possess or distribute it is not entirely on the level.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 12:12 PM)
Having a 20+ year history of actively ignoring drug use and PEDs in their sport.

I agree in principle but think the "actively" was much shorter, perhaps 10 years or less.

I am thinking that for a period of years they didn't know the extent or the benefits totally. Plus the technology got better. I believe at some point it finally came together and they realized guys were hitting 500' home runs because of the juice. At that point I would say they "actively" ignored it.

By my count there were 10 - 12 years of hmm, is there something? Then 5 or 6 years of "don't look over there, it's selling tickets". Finally a few years of trying to get it cleaned up.

A-Rod has become of target. He's the perfect guy to get tough with. Huge contract to void to help out the flag ship franchise. Most people dislike the Yankees (Yankee$, Yankmees,).