THE WHITE SOX LOSE!!!

hi8is

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the worst team I've ever seen play baseball. Blowouts, close games. They'll always find AWTL (A Way To Lose). You think the'd be sick of all these losses to teams in their own division the past few years.

This team obviously has no pride. Amazing how much money some of those guys make. I guess they feel it's owed them because they are great individual players. So many guys are stealing money.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 02:40 PM)
This has to be the worst team I've ever seen play baseball. Blowouts, close games. They'll always find AWTL (A Way To Lose). You think the'd be sick of all these losses to teams in their own division the past few years.

This team obviously has no pride. Amazing how much money some of those guys make. I guess they feel it's owed them because they are great individual players. So many guys are stealing money.

Let's look at the bright side- if we continue to get worse (which it appears we will) we'll get the #1 pick in the draft next year and hopefully be able to get a very nice position player who is near major league ready. Miami continues to win and hopefully the Astros can too and secure our position. I have no idea if there is a Bryce Harper type talent out there in 2014 but it sure would be nice if there was....

Edited by JohnCangelosi

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 04:44 PM)
According to ESPN, we have lost 7 in a row, and are 26 games under .500 for the first time since 1980, BUT OUR MANAGER IS NOT ON THE HOT SEAT.

Jesus christ, this is a horrible organization.

Our manager is also not under contract for next season.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
Despite all the evidence, I really can't believe the sox are THIS bad. I know I should root for the worst season ever but in practice, ugh, how could this be?

Last year was a fluke. There isn't any other way to describe it.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 04:51 PM)
very true. didn't consider that when ESPN mentioned that fact.. seems weird that they would say that when he isn't under contract.

Hahn can defend him all he'd like but until he's under contract for next season he's not the 2014 manager.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Settle down folks. Don't tell me they are losing on purpose or have no pride in themselves. We ain't good for sure but there are other factors in play here

Kinda goes without saying. One, they're not losing on purpose and I haven't seen where anyone implied that. They're losing because they suck. Two, I believe they have pride but "pride" is weird thing to even discuss when a team is this bad. I suppose the Amazin' Mets in 1962 had pride too.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)
Settle down folks. Don't tell me they are losing on purpose or have no pride in themselves. We ain't good for sure but there are other factors in play here

You remain the best fan in White Sox history. I remain one of the worst cause I prefer to blast this joke of a team for its ineptitude. Day after day, loss after loss with nobody accountable. At least the Royals brought in Brett to turn things around. If we weren't going to fire Robin we could have brought in Frank as hitting coach. Just to have him in the dugout like Brett. Brett was a figurehead for KC. He stuck around two months and at least it was a change. The Sox?? Nothing.

I can't believe how bad this team is. Sox are losing home games at an alarming, alarming rate to go with the automatic road losses. EMBARRASSING!!! Fire somebody at least!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 06:22 PM)
You remain the best fan in White Sox history. I remain one of the worst cause I prefer to blast this joke of a team for its ineptitude. Day after day, loss after loss with nobody accountable. At least the Royals brought in Brett to turn things around. If we weren't going to fire Robin we could have brought in Frank as hitting coach. Just to have him in the dugout like Brett. Brett was a figurehead for KC. He stuck around two months and at least it was a change. The Sox?? Nothing.

I can't believe how bad this team is. Sox are losing home games at an alarming, alarming rate to go with the automatic road losses. EMBARRASSING!!! Fire somebody at least!

Please for God's sake stop trying to make Frank the hitting coach. Please. Please. Please.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 11:25 PM)
Please for God's sake stop trying to make Frank the hitting coach. Please. Please. Please.

It's too late now. The Sox just did nothing but lose, lose, lose. No changes. I meant a figurehead coach like Brett/Thomas if Sox weren't going to fire Robin.

BTW. Why does nobody criticize Manto this year? Walker was basically ripped on a daily basis.

Edited by greg775