flavum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
As bad as our offense has been, I have a hard time truly feeling like he should go. Before he came, players like Dunn and Rios were among the least valuable assets in MLB. Beckham had had his third straight declining season. Now those guys have become legitimate pieces again. The jury is out on a guy like Dayan, where the way he finishes this season could have a profound effect on the way we view his development.

Our most significant decline this season is PK, and I'd like to find the person that believes that is the fault of the hitting coach and not father time.

When he was hired he said that OBP was a little overrated or something like that. He should have been shown the door right then and there.

This may be the worst Sox team I've ever had the misfortune of following. And now, Rick Hahn comes out to say Robin Ventura's job is safe, despite being the second worst team in the AL (thanks for switching, Houston!)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)
Flowers is the gift that keeps on giving. Also, it's quite comical that De Aza is 2nd on this team in home runs.

I really question players thought process at the plate sometimes. Looked like Flowers actually thought he was going to get a fastball he could pull there , he opened up so quick. For a catcher you'd think he'd know a breaking pitch was coming .

Yay another homer given up by Axe.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)
This may be the worst Sox team I've ever had the misfortune of following. And now, Rick Hahn comes out to say Robin Ventura's job is safe, despite being the second worst team in the AL (thanks for switching, Houston!)

I'm done caring about the Ventura situation. He's not going to be here in 2015, and the Sox are going to be irrelevant next year, so what's the point in getting upset anymore? A token firing, like Jeff Manto, will probably happen at the end of the season.

And who knows, maybe Ventura will step aside on his own at the end of this year.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 06:57 PM)

No other manager in baseball keeps their job if they're in Ventura's spot. The Marlins and Astros won't fire their managers, as everyone in the world knew they weren't trying this season. I have no idea what Ventura is/isn't at fault for, but when you see so many players underachieving and not hustling, something has to be terribly wrong in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
As bad as our offense has been, I have a hard time truly feeling like he should go. Before he came, players like Dunn and Rios were among the least valuable assets in MLB. Beckham had had his third straight declining season. Now those guys have become legitimate pieces again. The jury is out on a guy like Dayan, where the way he finishes this season could have a profound effect on the way we view his development.

Our most significant decline this season is PK, and I'd like to find the person that believes that is the fault of the hitting coach and not father time.

If the White Sox continue to prioritize tools over skills at all costs, though, we're going to need someone that will teach the kids to stop swinging at bad pitches. And considering he was able to convince Adam Dunn, reigning emperor of TTO, to start swinging at anything that appeared to be middle in, regardless of count or pitch type, I do NOT think Manto is the guy to teach that plate discipline.