08.03 Games

bighurt4life

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 10:23 PM)
Two more perfect innings for Danish brings his ERA down to 1.80.

He's doing well, but I'm not sure there's too much we can take away from his production this year due to limited innings and relief outings. Next year will be interesting though.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 09:07 PM)
Nice to Johnson bouncing back from that groin injury. He should be the next guy called up. He at the least deserves a look in September.

No real need to start the clock ticking on these guys right now. Call them up in September.

Garcia, of course, already has a ticking clock.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 11:35 PM)
He's doing well, but I'm not sure there's too much we can take away from his production this year due to limited innings and relief outings. Next year will be interesting though.

Yeah, I am not even following Danish's stats. Of course it's nice to see good numbers, but next year is what counts, when he is back to starting and at max effort.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 08:07 PM)
Nice to Johnson bouncing back from that groin injury. He should be the next guy called up. He at the least deserves a look in September.

Petricka should get the call next month, although he is not on the 40 man. I could easily come up with 5-6 pitchers now on the 40 man that probably won't be there next year, so getting roster space should not be a problem.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 09:11 PM)
I still really like Erik Johnson.

You should like Erik Johnson. He's probably a big league #3 starter. That's an important guy. He has been very good the last 1.5 years and we should be seeing him in Chicago in September.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
You should like Erik Johnson. He's probably a big league #3 starter. That's an important guy. He has been very good the last 1.5 years and we should be seeing him in Chicago in September.

The only reason Rienzo "Passed" him is injury.