8/4 Games

flavum

These broadcasters from Norfolk are absolutely dreadful. The play by play man sounds half-asleep, muttering through things while there is a very energetic analyst that hardly speaks and has no chemistry with the PBP guy

I know everyone is down on Keenyn Walker, but I'm still holding out some hope for him because he's walking a ton, especially lately. He has 62 walks in 374 AB and 10 in his last 10 games. Obviously he's hitting .202 and slugging .280 so it's still a very bad season, but when you're hitting that poorly and leading the league in stolen bases you would think pitchers would want to pitch to you. Maybe he's just not chasing the junk and it won't translate in the Majors, but his plate discipline is looking extremely strong. He won't need to hit for power if he can get his average to a respectable level. He's got good speed, plays solid D and walks a lot. If he hits even .260 he has a Major League career.

4 pitches, 4 swings, strikeout for Avisail against Freddy Garcia. Hit a home run distance foul ball to the right side on the first pitch fastball, then chased three consecutive breaking balls away to strikeout

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 08:56 PM)
2 HR for Michalczewski, his first 2 as a pro. With his strong walk rate and hopefully developing power, he's teasing his talent enough to make me optimistic about him.

Yeah, it will be hard to know much about him for at least another year or so. Until then, we can all be very optimistic! :)

Mike Recchia, discussed earlier, is indeed 24 in A-ball. Indy signing.

But... he's got a low-mid 90's FB (touches 95), three other pitches for strikes consistently, slider with movement good enough to be remarked on by two different people I've seen. He's got more K's than innings, and his walk rate his very low, making his K:BB somewhere in the vicinity of 7:1. Holding batters under .200 AVG. This in his first year of affiliated ball.

I wouldn't go saying he's a T25 guy or anything, but at the very least, he's a guy worth keeping an eye on. He's a prospect. Might be a serious steal from indy ball. And I'd guess he gets promoted soon.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 08:03 AM)
Mike Recchia, discussed earlier, is indeed 24 in A-ball. Indy signing.

But... he's got a low-mid 90's FB (touches 95), three other pitches for strikes consistently, slider with movement good enough to be remarked on by two different people I've seen. He's got more K's than innings, and his walk rate his very low, making his K:BB somewhere in the vicinity of 7:1. Holding batters under .200 AVG. This in his first year of affiliated ball.

I wouldn't go saying he's a T25 guy or anything, but at the very least, he's a guy worth keeping an eye on. He's a prospect. Might be a serious steal from indy ball. And I'd guess he gets promoted soon.

Yeah, all signs point to the bolded if they think he's for real. It's almost like how you treat a college prospect, where you start him low but ideally don't leave him there for long.