Dunn...

HeGone7

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
Yeah, he's actually one of my favorite White Sox players in recent history.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "favorite", but I have a ton of respect for the guy. To go through 2011 and still maintain a level of civility, class, and respect for the fans and media is really impressive.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 01:41 PM)
This totally is a great post. As bad as Dunn has been at times, guys like Jaime Navarro are in a whole other world of hate. Guys who would blame others for their sucktitude are scumbags. Dunn has always been willing to step to the mic and blame only himself. That is a class act, and reason enough to be respected.

I think he single-handedly destroyed our team from suckday one. All of this s*** we are dealing with now is because of Dunn being absolutely brutal in the heart of our order. 2011 and 2012 were lost because of Dunn.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 01:55 PM)
I think he single-handedly destroyed our team from suckday one. All of this s*** we are dealing with now is because of Dunn being absolutely brutal in the heart of our order. 2011 and 2012 were lost because of Dunn.

So 2011 had nothing to do with Rios putting up a .613 OPS and a manager who was already imagining himself in Miami the following year, and 2012 had nothing to do with the team collectively s***ting the bed down the stretch and failing to hold a 3 game lead with 14 games to play. It was all Adam Dunn's fault.

This is the most logical explanation I've heard for their failures down the stretch yet.

Now, have you considered the possibility that it was his presence in Chicago that also was the force behind Derrick Rose tearing his ACL? and the Bears choking down the stretch last year? I mean, really, if Adam Dunn weren't playing and under contract with the CHICAGO WHITE SOX, then the Bears and Bulls probably would do better and stay healthier too. Luckily, the bad baseball voodoo doesn't rub off on the hockey team, just the OTHER baseball team in town. At least we can thank Dunn for that, amirite?

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 07:55 PM)

2012?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
So 2011 had nothing to do with Rios putting up a .613 OPS and a manager who was already imagining himself in Miami the following year, and 2012 had nothing to do with the team collectively s***ting the bed down the stretch and failing to hold a 3 game lead with 14 games to play. It was all Adam Dunn's fault.

This is the most logical explanation I've heard for their failures down the stretch yet.

Now, have you considered the possibility that it was his presence in Chicago that also was the force behind Derrick Rose tearing his ACL? and the Bears choking down the stretch last year? I mean, really, if Adam Dunn weren't playing and under contract with the CHICAGO WHITE SOX, then the Bears and Bulls probably would do better and stay healthier too. Luckily, the bad baseball voodoo doesn't rub off on the hockey team, just the OTHER baseball team in town. At least we can thank Dunn for that, amirite?

Lol. All of it- Dunn.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)

Thank you for beating me to this. All I would like to add is "lol".

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)

I don't know how you could understand the game of baseball and say 2012 was lost because of him.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 08:26 AM)
Dunn has cleared waivers.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 2m

Adam Dunn clears waivers, eligible to be traded anywhere. he'll make nearly $20M thru '14 but is hot http://cbsprt.co/1exCcIn

I know twitter has limited space but Heyman says Dunn hot since All-Star break doesn't exactly paint the clearest picture since it's actually been much longer.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
Don't look now but he's hitting .226 for the season. All of a sudden those numbers are looking more and more respectable.

Excellent point. But too much money for the reality that is Adam Dunn.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 11:41 AM)
This totally is a great post. As bad as Dunn has been at times, guys like Jaime Navarro are in a whole other world of hate. Guys who would blame others for their sucktitude are scumbags. Dunn has always been willing to step to the mic and blame only himself. That is a class act, and reason enough to be respected.

Royce Clayton. Him and a young Crede back to back were such a rally killer.