Veteran hitter most likely to be here for 2015 season

Jake

Which is most likely to be here at the end of the 2015 season?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. ^

• Adam Dunn
    • Alex Rios
    • Alexei Ramirez
    • Paul Konerko
    • Jeff Keppinger

I was thinking about this -- which veteran, only two of whom is under contract for that season (Keppinger, Alexei), is the most likely to remain (or return, I suppose) here throughout the 2015 season?

These are our offensive players who are past arbitration service time.

My vote - Dunn. He has had a resurgence, it seems that other teams no longer value him as highly as they once did, and he blocks nobody in our minor leagues it seems. If we are preparing to have a competitive team in 2015, it may make sense for us to bring/retain our big LH bat in the DH spot.

Of course, I think we can all agree that none of these guys are especially likely to be here....but that's not fun.

What player and what scenario do you think results in that player staying here?

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
Keppinger because who would trade for him?

I voted Keppy too because he's signed to an affordable contract and is useful for bench strength .Alexei too expensive for the bench . Dunn has proven he hit's better playing the field and keeping him at DH is a risk so he's moved if at all possible. Rios moved to make room for Garcias.

I went with Keppinger just because he makes the most sense for the future due to him being a "valuable" piece off the bench.

I'd be down to resign Dunn to a 1 or 2 year contract if he continues to hit like he has the last 2 months.

If Semien keeps hitting like he is in the minors I'd hope he is up by 2015.

As far as Rios and the OF goes I'm hoping 1. Garcia can hang in center (not necessary if Thompson makes it) and 2. One of Thompson, Jacobs, or Hawkins(long shot) pushes their way into a starting role.... If they don't and Rios wants to re-up for just another year I'd go for it.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
By the 2015 Gordo will be 29 and Tank will be 27. They should be considered veteran as well based on service time hah

Neither will be FA, which was my standard

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 05:50 PM)
I genuinely can't believe the Yankees haven't grabbed him yet.

As of today, he is tied with Maicer Izturis for the lowest WAR in the entire Major Leagues, with -1.8. I cannot imagine any reason that any team would want to acquire that, much less at more than league minimum. What do the Yankees need a -1.8 WAR utility infielder for?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
As of today, he is tied with Maicer Izturis for the lowest WAR in the entire Major Leagues, with -1.8. I cannot imagine any reason that any team would want to acquire that, much less at more than league minimum. What do the Yankees need a -1.8 WAR utility infielder for?

The Yankees have gotten -1 WAR out of 3rd base and -1.5 WAR out of their shortstop spot.

It may be worth noting that the Sox really have no LH middle of the order bats in the minors and the FA market for them leading up to 2015 is pretty bleak as well (Adam Lind, Kendrys Morales, and Brian McCann are the only worthwhile players on a tentative list). This could lead to Dunn being more likely to be resigned for the 2015 season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
Depending on the position adjustments of course. And the Sox likely got by far his worst in April out of the gate.

Yeah, no doubt he'll likely be better, if only a little, going forward. But why would they bet ~$9m on him being substantially better than one of their AAA scrubs, or any other trade target this side of Izturis, for that matter?