8/9/13 Sox v. Twins Day/Night DH

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:38 PM)
Lindstrom looking a lot like Axe. 2-2.

Is the radio feed giving you these facts or is it the Internet. One barely breaks 90 the other sits in the mid 90s. Sure Mark Buehrle looks a lot like Chris Sale as well. :lol:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
Remember Barry Jones? Was that his name? Is he the last truly reliable setup man we've had on our Sox?I can't remember our setup guy in 05.

Amazing you can post here but google ( or more to the point your memory )doesn't allow you to find cliff politte.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 02:46 AM)
Is the radio feed giving you these facts or is it the Internet. One barely breaks 90 the other sits in the mid 90s. Sure Mark Buehrle looks a lot like Chris Sale as well. :lol:

I meant in terms of the ball being meaty up there begging to be hit.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 03:29 AM)
His value is in the pen and he has to improve his command. He has big league stuff and probably doesn't have to be a loogy, but he's got strides to make if he's going to stick long-term and succeed.

I would hope that Leesman replaces Veal as the LH relief man and we find someone else to replace Troncoso and even Lindstrom. Too inconsistent

I have what I feel might be an "irrational exuberance" about the future of Gordon Beckham in a White Sox uniform. But I'm really enjoying watching him perform both at the plate and with the glove these days. Hopefully he has finally turned the corner!

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
I have what I feel might be an "irrational exuberance" about the future of Gordon Beckham in a White Sox uniform. But I'm really enjoying watching him perform both at the plate and with the glove these days. Hopefully he has finally turned the corner!

If Gordon has truly turned around, it's good for the rebuild.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
For those that didn't listen to the Hahn interview, he flat out said the Sox are rebuilding.

I haven't listened to it yet - did he expand on it when he said it? Rebuilding can obviously mean different things to different people...but interesting.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 03:56 AM)
I haven't listened to it yet - did he expand on it when he said it? Rebuilding can obviously mean different things to different people...but interesting.

He said call it retooling or rebuilding, he doesn't really care. Once again, his first focus was on spending more money on amateur players :(

That was a bad at bat by Tank. Hope he learns how to hit the next 6 weeks and starts out strong next year. Can't somebody teach Tank how to hit?? If not Manto bring in somebody else to work with Tank on developing an approach up there that doesn't require him trying to hit everything 600 feet.