8/9/13 Sox v. Twins Day/Night DH

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 10:20 PM)
Not that it matters, but it's hard to lose a DH to Minnesota in your own ballpark. This rebuild may take a while.

Was it 06 or 07 that the Sox lost a DH to Minnesota at home like 20-10, 12-0? I was there, it was much worse than this.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 04:27 AM)
They traded their closer, all part of the plan for Rodon

The best hope is that someone's stock blows up (ie: Hoffman) and there are basically 2 or 3 players that could go #1 (like this year)

Again, it doesn't matter, but why give away the game bringing in Axe? Do we have any young arms in the minors to replace Tronsoco/Veal and Axe?

I hated Thornton but I guess I'm getting what I wished for in wanting him gone, having to watch Axe blow it so often.

Sox are going to have to rebuild the bullpen except for closer and main setup guy in Nate.

Time to make some of our great starter candidates bullpen guys for a few years??

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 03:31 AM)
Thank goodness we have Garcia to add a tad bit of excitement.

Get em tomorrow RIENZO!!!!

Seeing a lineup like this tomorrow would at least keep me interested:

ADA

Beckham

Alexei

Dunn

Konerko

Garcia

Gillaspie

Viciedo

Phegley

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 03:28 AM)
Was it 06 or 07 that the Sox lost a DH to Minnesota at home like 20-10, 12-0? I was there, it was much worse than this.

I thought we learned how to beat Minnesota. I guess that was just a one-year respite from the agony annually faced when we play the Twinks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 10:32 PM)
I thought we learned how to beat Minnesota. I guess that was just a one-year respite from the agony annually faced when we play the Twinks.

Greg just imagine the shock when teams lose to the sox. It must be mind blowing for their fans.