8/9 Games

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:18 PM)
Jacob Morris was horrible at Arkansas this year, but he's crushing the ball for Great Falls

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArti...p;ATCLID=189941

Huge power and a very nice walk rate, but still an awful K rate. I'd chalk it up to a player coming from an advanced DI college baseball conference and doing well against younger competition in rookie ball.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 02:29 AM)
Huge power and a very nice walk rate, but still an awful K rate. I'd chalk it up to a player coming from an advanced DI college baseball conference and doing well against younger competition in rookie ball.

4-5 2B, 2HR

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)
They moved up Adam Heisler, who is more of an organizational filler type.

Which is exactly what they should be doing with Jacobs. He ought to be penciled in to be either AA or maybe start at AAA next year at the earliest if he earns it.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 04:58 AM)
So Beck struck out some dudes for once. In AA no less. I hope to see more of that because his K numbers in W-S were pretty woeful.

I don't get too worked up on those numbers with Beck. The Sox are working with him on becoming a pitcher and part of that might be him throwing and working on more pitchers earlier in the count and getting guys out with good location. I don't know that to be the case but the Sox have put in a lot of work with Beck and with the stuff he possess, I wouldn't be surprised to see his K/9 pick up in time. I like the fact that he's learning how to pitch.