Tyler Kolek

macsandz

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 05:43 PM)
Get a look tonight on MLB Network. Kid's stock is gonna blow up between now and the draft. Should be top 5 pick.

Yep. I think Callis has him number two behind Rodon at the moment. Early disclaimer and all, but looks like a pitching heavy top end of the draft. I'm okay with this consider the Sox track record with pitching.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 06:07 PM)
HS pitcher would def be out of the norm for the Sox. Last was Honel? Before that Stumm? Not a great track record with those guys. Although we did trade for Danks/Floyd.

Gio was also a good pick by the Sox. He was a supp pick.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 06:07 PM)
HS pitcher would def be out of the norm for the Sox. Last was Honel? Before that Stumm? Not a great track record with those guys. Although we did trade for Danks/Floyd.

Does any team really have a great track record with high school pitchers in the 1st round? There's not a riskier pick.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 01:01 AM)
Rondon, Kolen, Gatewood. I want one of those 3.

God I'm tired of people calling Carlos Rodon "Rondon." Secondly, still way too early to judge right now. Other than Rodon, it's still pretty much wide open. A guy like Beede, Toussaint, (who I'm personally high on) Turner, Jackson, Burdi, Cederoth, Hoffman etc. could all sneak in the top 3-5 discussion.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 02:41 AM)
God I'm tired of people calling Carlos Rodon "Rondon." Secondly, still way too early to judge right now. Other than Rodon, it's still pretty much wide open. A guy like Beede, Toussaint, (who I'm personally high on) Turner, Jackson, Burdi, Cederoth, Hoffman etc. could all sneak in the top 3-5 discussion.

Really, it's Rodon? Nearly everyone I've seen here has called him Rondon. I just thought that was his name.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 08:43 AM)
Really, it's Rodon? Nearly everyone I've seen here has called him Rondon. I just thought that was his name.

ITs confusing because, yes, it is Rodon... also yes, we already HAVE a Rondon too, in the system from the Peavy trade. And then there is the Detroit fireball pitcher too, just to make it a trifecta.

The guy we are talking about draft-wise is Rodon.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 09:47 AM)
ITs confusing because, yes, it is Rodon... also yes, we already HAVE a Rondon too, in the system from the Peavy trade. And then there is the Detroit fireball pitcher too, just to make it a trifecta.

The guy we are talking about draft-wise is Rodon.

Well thank you. I learned something. And Knowing is half the battle.