GMing for 2014 Rebuild

ChiSoxJon

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
Seriously? He walks a little, has declining power and is on the verge of being fat. Everything about him screams roids. He's also ugly and has a stupid haircut. He is left handed though.

The guy can get on base.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Lifetime .342 OBP and 4 HR's this year and you want to trade one of the best young starters in baseball for him. Maybe we can get Lyle Overbay, Ross Gload and Nick Johnson while we're at it.

If the Sox can get him for less by all means they should do it. He's a very good fit for what the team needs as he gets on base.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
Seriously? He walks a little, has declining power and is on the verge of being fat. Everything about him screams roids. He's also ugly and has a stupid haircut. He is left handed though.

sold

One thing to remind everyone about Santiago is he only had 27 minor league starts. The kid's control could easily improve with more experience as a starter, which is scary given how good his stuff is and how well he's pitched at the major league level so far despite being pretty wild. Give him some more time with Cooper and we may have something special.

I would want a king's ransom for him and that's not Logan Morrison.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
If it's a serious conversation why would you say clone Dunn? How would you improve he team's OBP?

Replacing PKs .303 and Phegley/Flowers ~.230 with McCann and Morales or Abreu(who's shown a good eye in Cuba, not sure if it will translate) would be a great start. Perhaps like another poster said trading Lexi and giving Semien a shot would help as well.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 18, 2013 -> 06:26 PM)
First off, I would not trade for Logan Morrison. This is what I would do if I were Hahn.

Sign both Morales and McCann to 2-3 year deals. Next would be finding left handed relief help. JP Howell and Pedro Feliciano come to mind to try and help this bullpen. I would pick up Lindstrom's option to just to give a little depth to the bullpen.

As far as the starting rotation goes, I think if Erik Johnson isn't ready, sign one of Josh Johnson, Edinson Volquez or Tim Lincecum. But if Johnson is then push Rienzo to the bullpen to take Axelrod's spot.

As far as trades, this is how I would go at it.

I could definitely see the Angels being interested in Santiago and/or Quintana. I would rather keep both but for the sake of making the team better, I would trade Santiago to the Angels for CJ Cron, Alex Yarbough and Mike Morin.

I then would still try and trade Alexei so I would trade him to the Cardinals for Pete Kozma, Charlie Tilson, and Tim Cooney.

Line up would be

CF De Aza

2B Beckham

C McCann

DH Morales

1B Dunn

RF Garcia

LF Viciedo

3B Gillaspie

SS Kozma

Bench

C Phegley