White Sox winner over KC threat

greg775

There should be a White Sox winner thread tonight in deference to Danks. Is he turning into our new Peavy (bulldog mentality)? I tip my cap to Danks. He came in with a horses*** record and blah ERA in his comeback season and mowed down the Royals, albeit a lousy Royals lineup without Cain and Moose, but still.

Congratulations John Danks!

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 03:48 AM)
His BLAH ERA is a bit deceiving.

He has went at least 6 innings in his last 11 starts & only has given up more than 3 runs in 3 of those starts.

He is so much better than I expected him to be this season.

That's why I'm wondering if he's our new bulldog/grinder. I liked his facial expressions in the dugout. He seems to have TWTW for a lousy team.

We could use a new Peavy bulldog for the future rotation IMO.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2013 -> 11:23 PM)
That's why I'm wondering if he's our new bulldog/grinder. I liked his facial expressions in the dugout. He seems to have TWTW for a lousy team.

We could use a new Peavy bulldog for the future rotation IMO.

Danks has always been a "bulldog", this is nothing new.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 11:01 PM)
My 2 month winning streak in the soxtalk fantasy league was finally snapped(I see you Steve). Sox were roughly 25 games under in that time period, and just 4 under in the previous 2 months...I'm convinced the Sox will now start playing good baseball.

lol the Sox are 10-5 since I made this post.....THIS IS REAL!

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 20, 2013 -> 10:48 PM)
His BLAH ERA is a bit deceiving.

He has went at least 6 innings in his last 11 starts & only has given up more than 3 runs in 3 of those starts.

He is so much better than I expected him to be this season.

It takes a while to "learn" how his shoulder moves after this type of surgery. The surgeon had to tighten up the shoulder capsule when he repaired it. This can change the motion available for the shoulder rotation and effect all of the pitches. The fastball may be slower because he can't "reach back" in the literal sense. This is why the quality of the surgeon was so important. He needed to tighten it just enough. Danks is not all the way back but he is progressing well.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 04:16 AM)
It takes a while to "learn" how his shoulder moves after this type of surgery. The surgeon had to tighten up the shoulder capsule when he repaired it. This can change the motion available for the shoulder rotation and effect all of the pitches. The fastball may be slower because he can't "reach back" in the literal sense. This is why the quality of the surgeon was so important. He needed to tighten it just enough. Danks is not all the way back but he is progressing well.

Is that something that will stretch out over time? Or is it a permanent thing?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 10:10 AM)
I think we may be making a move on the Tigers. Sox playing good ball now and slowly cutting into Detroit's lead. Hang in there Sox fans!

Stop.

(for reference's sake, if the White Sox went 38-0, the Tigers would have to go 16-21 to eliminate the White Sox. If the White Sox lose 5 games, the Tigers have to go 11-26)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
Stop.

(for reference's sake, if the White Sox went 38-0, the Tigers would have to go 16-21 to eliminate the White Sox. If the White Sox lose 5 games, the Tigers have to go 11-26)

I have to think that was said with tongue firmly planted in cheek though you never know with Elrockin.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 10:41 AM)
I'm have to think that was said with tongue firmly planted in cheek though you never know with Elrockin.

That's why I said it. I appreciate the enthusiasm and optimism, but it's simply not going to happen. Knowing that it is technically mathematically possible, the Sox coming back and winning the division is not possible.

If it was tongue in cheek, I got played like a fool

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 10:10 AM)
I think we may be making a move on the Tigers. Sox playing good ball now and slowly cutting into Detroit's lead. Hang in there Sox fans!

It would be remarkable if the White Sox turned it around and made the post-season!! :gosox1:

QUOTE (SoxnGiants @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 07:12 AM)
Is that something that will stretch out over time? Or is it a permanent thing?

It will stretch out to a point. It will largely depend on if he changes anything in his motion. The "new" capsule will be stronger than the old one.

Since there's no thread from tonight's win, I'll use this file. NICE PITCHING again against the punchless Royals.

I'm going to the game Thursday which means Axe will pitch and we will lose. It looks bad for me having an enjoyable night with Shields on the mound. I can only hope my arch-nemesis Dunn can connect vs. Shields. We need to keep hitting bombs and it's Dunn time. We lose Wednesday without Viciedo's bomb. Need some home runs.

My guess is we lose 7-1 or even 7-0. I may see a shutout since we're trying for a sweep.